Helijet is pleased to announce that it has renewed its dedicated air medical contract with British Columbia Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) for an additional four years, effective April 1, 2019.
Helijet will continue to supply four Sikorsky S-76 model helicopters for the B.C. Ambulance Service which is operated by BCEHS. Under the new agreement, a current Sikorsky S-76A helicopter used as a backup aircraft will be replaced with a newer model Sikorsky S-76C, to provide consistency throughout the air ambulance fleet.
One of the four S-76C aircraft will continue to be based at Helijet’s Seal Cove, Prince Rupert facility, while the other two and the back-up will operate from Helijet’s Vancouver International Airport facility. BCEHS also has another contracted helicopter based in Kamloops, plus seven fixed-wing aircraft in its air ambulance fleet to serve British Columbians. All of these aircraft continue to provide air ambulance service for patients around the province on a 7/24/365-day operation.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS