Helijet is pleased to announce that it has renewed its dedicated air medical contract with British Columbia Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) for an additional four years, effective April 1, 2019.
Helijet will continue to supply four Sikorsky S-76 model helicopters for the B.C. Ambulance Service which is operated by BCEHS. Under the new agreement, a current Sikorsky S-76A helicopter used as a backup aircraft will be replaced with a newer model Sikorsky S-76C, to provide consistency throughout the air ambulance fleet.
One of the four S-76C aircraft will continue to be based at Helijet’s Seal Cove, Prince Rupert facility, while the other two and the back-up will operate from Helijet’s Vancouver International Airport facility. BCEHS also has another contracted helicopter based in Kamloops, plus seven fixed-wing aircraft in its air ambulance fleet to serve British Columbians. All of these aircraft continue to provide air ambulance service for patients around the province on a 7/24/365-day operation.
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505