Helijet is pleased to announce that it has renewed its dedicated air medical contract with British Columbia Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) for an additional four years, effective April 1, 2019.
Helijet will continue to supply four Sikorsky S-76 model helicopters for the B.C. Ambulance Service which is operated by BCEHS. Under the new agreement, a current Sikorsky S-76A helicopter used as a backup aircraft will be replaced with a newer model Sikorsky S-76C, to provide consistency throughout the air ambulance fleet.
One of the four S-76C aircraft will continue to be based at Helijet’s Seal Cove, Prince Rupert facility, while the other two and the back-up will operate from Helijet’s Vancouver International Airport facility. BCEHS also has another contracted helicopter based in Kamloops, plus seven fixed-wing aircraft in its air ambulance fleet to serve British Columbians. All of these aircraft continue to provide air ambulance service for patients around the province on a 7/24/365-day operation.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model