The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Region IV Administrator Ashley D. Bell today named Rotorcorp LLC as the 2019 SBA Exporter of the Year for the State of Georgia and the larger eight-state Southeast Region.
“We are honored to highlight regional small business champions who are making significant changes by driving our economy and creating jobs for the entrepreneurial landscape across the Southeast,” says Ashley D. Bell, Regional Administrator. Our number one goal is to power the American dream of entrepreneurship, and these seven regional winners are proof that true small business success is achievable.”
Atlanta-based Rotorcorp is an authorized Robinson Helicopter Company Service Center specializing in the sale of parts, engines and major components in support of the global fleet Robinson’s popular helicopters. Since its founding in 2011, Rotorcorp has become a trusted and recognized name among Robinson owners, operators and maintainers. The company currently supports over 1000 customers in more than 45 countries around the world with exports comprising over half of sales in recent years.
“As a small business in the highly regulated aerospace industry, we dedicate significant time and energy to demonstrating value in new geographies and markets. Establishing relationships and building trust with customers that share our passion for safety has been critical to our international growth and shared success,” Rotorcorp President Sean Casey said. “Our entire team is honored that the SBA has recognized the result of our daily efforts”.
Rotorcorp has availed itself of several programs offered by the US Small Business Administration including an SBA 7a credit facility which it has used to grow inventory for export sales and extend open account terms to several international customers. In 2018 Rotorcorp launched the first ever e-commerce platform by a service center to offer Robinson Helicopter parts online. Online sales capabilities have allowed the company to better serve existing customers, attract new ones and better serve all customers through the largest inventory outside of the Robinson factory.
“We invested years of effort into building the dataset which made online part sales possible” said Rotorcorp Director of New Business Development Tracy Jensen. “The response from our customers to e-commerce has been really positive” Continues Jensen, “online sales capabilities have become more than just a basic expectation to the rest of the world”.
In 2016, Rotorcorp was selected for participation in the SBA Emerging Leaders program. The initiative is an intensive 8-month executive education program focusing on businesses poised for rapid growth. Through the program, business leaders are provided with the organizational framework, resource network, and motivation required to build sustainable enterprises and promote the economic development. Rotorcorp saw tremendous growth following its completion of the program and implementation of a 3-year strategic growth plan. The company is now on track to double its annual revenue and significantly grow its operating margins. Rotorcorp was recognized as the program’s national “Company to Watch” honoree in 2017.
The award will be presented to Rotorcorp at this year’s National Small Business Week events taking place across the country on May 5th-11th 2019.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- 26-Feb-19 G-HWKS Robinson R44 Sketrick Island, UK
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 30-Jan-19 N484AB Robinson R44 Uvalde, US-Texas
- 01-Jan-19 PR-RMZ Robinson R44 Ubatuba, Brazil (1F)
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- 16-Dec-18 N803PT Robinson R44 Pontiac, US-Michigan
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- 02-Nov-18 G-FLYX Robinson R44 Denham, UK
- 30-Sep-18 N440SH Robinson R44 Westminster, US-Maryland
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance