The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Region IV Administrator Ashley D. Bell today named Rotorcorp LLC as the 2019 SBA Exporter of the Year for the State of Georgia and the larger eight-state Southeast Region.
“We are honored to highlight regional small business champions who are making significant changes by driving our economy and creating jobs for the entrepreneurial landscape across the Southeast,” says Ashley D. Bell, Regional Administrator. Our number one goal is to power the American dream of entrepreneurship, and these seven regional winners are proof that true small business success is achievable.”
Atlanta-based Rotorcorp is an authorized Robinson Helicopter Company Service Center specializing in the sale of parts, engines and major components in support of the global fleet Robinson’s popular helicopters. Since its founding in 2011, Rotorcorp has become a trusted and recognized name among Robinson owners, operators and maintainers. The company currently supports over 1000 customers in more than 45 countries around the world with exports comprising over half of sales in recent years.
“As a small business in the highly regulated aerospace industry, we dedicate significant time and energy to demonstrating value in new geographies and markets. Establishing relationships and building trust with customers that share our passion for safety has been critical to our international growth and shared success,” Rotorcorp President Sean Casey said. “Our entire team is honored that the SBA has recognized the result of our daily efforts”.
Rotorcorp has availed itself of several programs offered by the US Small Business Administration including an SBA 7a credit facility which it has used to grow inventory for export sales and extend open account terms to several international customers. In 2018 Rotorcorp launched the first ever e-commerce platform by a service center to offer Robinson Helicopter parts online. Online sales capabilities have allowed the company to better serve existing customers, attract new ones and better serve all customers through the largest inventory outside of the Robinson factory.
“We invested years of effort into building the dataset which made online part sales possible” said Rotorcorp Director of New Business Development Tracy Jensen. “The response from our customers to e-commerce has been really positive” Continues Jensen, “online sales capabilities have become more than just a basic expectation to the rest of the world”.
In 2016, Rotorcorp was selected for participation in the SBA Emerging Leaders program. The initiative is an intensive 8-month executive education program focusing on businesses poised for rapid growth. Through the program, business leaders are provided with the organizational framework, resource network, and motivation required to build sustainable enterprises and promote the economic development. Rotorcorp saw tremendous growth following its completion of the program and implementation of a 3-year strategic growth plan. The company is now on track to double its annual revenue and significantly grow its operating margins. Rotorcorp was recognized as the program’s national “Company to Watch” honoree in 2017.
The award will be presented to Rotorcorp at this year’s National Small Business Week events taking place across the country on May 5th-11th 2019.
- FAA approves updated STC for EIT Avionics radalt interface on R44
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Six Robinson Helicopters Delivered to China
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 13-Dec-19 N440AH Robinson R44 San Antonio, US-Texas
- AirX starts new link between Tokyo Heliport and Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25-Oct-19 ZT-RAL Robinson R44 Sinoville, South Africa
- 23-Oct-19 N225JM Robinson R44 Las Vegas, US-Nevada (2F)
- 21-Oct-19 UR-KTB Robinson R44 Tarasenkove, Ukraine (1F)
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- 15-Jul-19 N144TG Robinson R44 II Hayward, US-California (1F)
- 17-Jun-19 N7187D Robinson R44 Catalina Island, US-California (1F)
- 02-Jun-19 N41351 Robinson R44 II near Mulberry Mountain, US-Arkansas (3F)
- 17-May-19 N744TW Robinson R44 II Alpine, US-Utah (2F)
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- 29-Apr-19 N808NV Robinson R44 Kawainui, US-Hawaii (3F)
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center