Peli UK foam specialists have designed a bespoke packaging solution for a Chinook Helicopter torque maintenance kit which is now in service at RAF Odiham.
The kit had previously been housed in a special to type container. This had a high centre of gravity causing them to topple over when handled. They were not man portable as they did not have wheels and required a wooden pallet to move them. Significant damage resulted to the container and contents as shown here.
Peli foam specialists were asked to provide an alternative solution.
The Peli team devised a custom foam insert within a waterproof, wheeled Peli Hardigg case. The bespoke foam insert was designed with pockets to fit the various parts of the kit; load spreaders were included due to the weight of the items.
A Peli 1520 case is included to enable the contents to be sent away for regular re-calibration.
The foam insert also features a laser engraved parts list to provide a description of each item. Peli UK delivered a cost efficient packaging solution which was considerably cheaper and two thirds the size of the previous container.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work