Peli UK foam specialists have designed a bespoke packaging solution for a Chinook Helicopter torque maintenance kit which is now in service at RAF Odiham.
The kit had previously been housed in a special to type container. This had a high centre of gravity causing them to topple over when handled. They were not man portable as they did not have wheels and required a wooden pallet to move them. Significant damage resulted to the container and contents as shown here.
Peli foam specialists were asked to provide an alternative solution.
The Peli team devised a custom foam insert within a waterproof, wheeled Peli Hardigg case. The bespoke foam insert was designed with pockets to fit the various parts of the kit; load spreaders were included due to the weight of the items.
A Peli 1520 case is included to enable the contents to be sent away for regular re-calibration.
The foam insert also features a laser engraved parts list to provide a description of each item. Peli UK delivered a cost efficient packaging solution which was considerably cheaper and two thirds the size of the previous container.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS