Peli UK foam specialists have designed a bespoke packaging solution for a Chinook Helicopter torque maintenance kit which is now in service at RAF Odiham.
The kit had previously been housed in a special to type container. This had a high centre of gravity causing them to topple over when handled. They were not man portable as they did not have wheels and required a wooden pallet to move them. Significant damage resulted to the container and contents as shown here.
Peli foam specialists were asked to provide an alternative solution.
The Peli team devised a custom foam insert within a waterproof, wheeled Peli Hardigg case. The bespoke foam insert was designed with pockets to fit the various parts of the kit; load spreaders were included due to the weight of the items.
A Peli 1520 case is included to enable the contents to be sent away for regular re-calibration.
The foam insert also features a laser engraved parts list to provide a description of each item. Peli UK delivered a cost efficient packaging solution which was considerably cheaper and two thirds the size of the previous container.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team