Peli UK foam specialists have designed a bespoke packaging solution for a Chinook Helicopter torque maintenance kit which is now in service at RAF Odiham.
The kit had previously been housed in a special to type container. This had a high centre of gravity causing them to topple over when handled. They were not man portable as they did not have wheels and required a wooden pallet to move them. Significant damage resulted to the container and contents as shown here.
Peli foam specialists were asked to provide an alternative solution.
The Peli team devised a custom foam insert within a waterproof, wheeled Peli Hardigg case. The bespoke foam insert was designed with pockets to fit the various parts of the kit; load spreaders were included due to the weight of the items.
A Peli 1520 case is included to enable the contents to be sent away for regular re-calibration.
The foam insert also features a laser engraved parts list to provide a description of each item. Peli UK delivered a cost efficient packaging solution which was considerably cheaper and two thirds the size of the previous container.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model