“Our helicopter specialists prove many years of experience in the maintenance of military helicopters. This successful NH90 inspection confirms our ability to apply our experience to include the Bundeswehr’s most advanced helicopter type as well,” explains Volker Wallrodt, Senior Vice President Business Jets, Dornier 228, Military, RUAG MRO International. “The Bundeswehr is our long-standing customer and RUAG is well positioned to meet their requirements in full. We are able to ensure fleet availability, planning reliability, and dependable turnaround times, and all at maximum quality,” Volker Wallrodt continues.
Before RUAG began working on the NH90 in autumn 2018, the related type rating needed to be obtained from the German Military Aviation Authority. This involved meeting all necessary requirements, such as rules on e.g. personnel certifications, process instructions, technical documentation, infrastructure, and also included fully equipped aircraft docking facilities, as well as on-site availability of special tooling. Information technology services also needed to be prepared for the NH90 inspections as all maintenance tasks performed on the helicopter must be documented in the Bundeswehr’s IT system. This required the Oberpfaffenhofen site to implement the requisite SASPF software, covering project management, logistics and operations management, and all dock workstations.
RUAG continues to be a partner to the German Bundeswehr over many years and provides maintenance, overhaul and logistics services for the Bell UH-1D helicopter fleet, still in use for search and rescue missions.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work