“Our helicopter specialists prove many years of experience in the maintenance of military helicopters. This successful NH90 inspection confirms our ability to apply our experience to include the Bundeswehr’s most advanced helicopter type as well,” explains Volker Wallrodt, Senior Vice President Business Jets, Dornier 228, Military, RUAG MRO International. “The Bundeswehr is our long-standing customer and RUAG is well positioned to meet their requirements in full. We are able to ensure fleet availability, planning reliability, and dependable turnaround times, and all at maximum quality,” Volker Wallrodt continues.
Before RUAG began working on the NH90 in autumn 2018, the related type rating needed to be obtained from the German Military Aviation Authority. This involved meeting all necessary requirements, such as rules on e.g. personnel certifications, process instructions, technical documentation, infrastructure, and also included fully equipped aircraft docking facilities, as well as on-site availability of special tooling. Information technology services also needed to be prepared for the NH90 inspections as all maintenance tasks performed on the helicopter must be documented in the Bundeswehr’s IT system. This required the Oberpfaffenhofen site to implement the requisite SASPF software, covering project management, logistics and operations management, and all dock workstations.
RUAG continues to be a partner to the German Bundeswehr over many years and provides maintenance, overhaul and logistics services for the Bell UH-1D helicopter fleet, still in use for search and rescue missions.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit