“Our helicopter specialists prove many years of experience in the maintenance of military helicopters. This successful NH90 inspection confirms our ability to apply our experience to include the Bundeswehr’s most advanced helicopter type as well,” explains Volker Wallrodt, Senior Vice President Business Jets, Dornier 228, Military, RUAG MRO International. “The Bundeswehr is our long-standing customer and RUAG is well positioned to meet their requirements in full. We are able to ensure fleet availability, planning reliability, and dependable turnaround times, and all at maximum quality,” Volker Wallrodt continues.
Before RUAG began working on the NH90 in autumn 2018, the related type rating needed to be obtained from the German Military Aviation Authority. This involved meeting all necessary requirements, such as rules on e.g. personnel certifications, process instructions, technical documentation, infrastructure, and also included fully equipped aircraft docking facilities, as well as on-site availability of special tooling. Information technology services also needed to be prepared for the NH90 inspections as all maintenance tasks performed on the helicopter must be documented in the Bundeswehr’s IT system. This required the Oberpfaffenhofen site to implement the requisite SASPF software, covering project management, logistics and operations management, and all dock workstations.
RUAG continues to be a partner to the German Bundeswehr over many years and provides maintenance, overhaul and logistics services for the Bell UH-1D helicopter fleet, still in use for search and rescue missions.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020