Carrying on a tradition that dates back to the Firm’s founding in 1857, James Richardson & Sons, Limited and Affiliated Companies is providing support to the communities it serves with a major gift to STARS air ambulance.
Richardson company representatives gathered today in Winnipeg, where the organization’s head office is located, to announce a $1 million contribution to STARS. This donation will support STARS’ lifesaving operations in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Eastern B.C.
As recognition of their generosity, the logos of JR affiliated companies: Richardson International Limited, Tundra Oil & Gas Limited and Tundra Energy Marketing Limited will fly proudly throughout STARS’ fleet of helicopters.
“Our Firm is immensely proud to partner with STARS in support of their mission to provide life-saving care in the communities where our personnel, customers, their families and our neighbours live, work and play,” stated Hartley T. Richardson, President & Chief Executive Officer of James Richardson & Sons, Limited. “An abundance of our business locations are situated in rural areas across Western Canada, and knowing that a STARS air ambulance is at the ready should the unimaginable occur, provides us an immeasurable degree of peace of mind.”
“We are truly thankful to James Richardson & Sons, Limited and its affiliated companies for this support,” said STARS president and CEO Andrea Robertson. “STARS has one mandate and that is to be there for the next critically ill or injured person who may need us. By providing this important operational funding, the JR Group of Companies is helping to ensure we can fulfill our mandate and be there for those who require our world-class care and rapid transport.
“We are proud to call James Richardson & Sons, Limited and Affiliated Companies allies in the flight for life and look forward to showcasing their logos on our helicopters.”
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support