The move to Progress House in Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe, has brought fundraising, lottery and admin teams together under the same roof for the first time. Office staff are excited to welcome the operational team based at Durham Tees Valley Airport to the new headquarters later in the year, while our Cumbrian base in Langwathby will continue to operate in the West.
The move to relocate staff from three of our sites – Darlington town centre, Newton Aycliffe and DTVA – will result in rent savings of around £120,000 per year.
As well as accommodating our aircrew and charity staff, the base will also be home to a world-class clinical training facility for a huge number of medical professionals across the globe. The revenue generated by this facility will go towards improving our front-line care, ultimately helping to save more lives.
GNAAS hangar at Urlay Nook
This week, workers began pouring the concrete which will create the foundation of the hangar which will house our aircraft.
Our grounds are also receiving some TLC. A group of ground crew volunteers have kindly offered up their own time and resources to keep the base in tip-top condition and to prepare the area for visitors.
GNAAS staff would like to say a huge thank you to every supporter who’s helped us along the way. It is thanks to you that this move has been possible.
Donations, volunteering and kind words of encouragement have helped the move to run very smoothly. We can’t wait to show everyone the shiny new base!
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment