The move to Progress House in Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe, has brought fundraising, lottery and admin teams together under the same roof for the first time. Office staff are excited to welcome the operational team based at Durham Tees Valley Airport to the new headquarters later in the year, while our Cumbrian base in Langwathby will continue to operate in the West.
The move to relocate staff from three of our sites – Darlington town centre, Newton Aycliffe and DTVA – will result in rent savings of around £120,000 per year.
As well as accommodating our aircrew and charity staff, the base will also be home to a world-class clinical training facility for a huge number of medical professionals across the globe. The revenue generated by this facility will go towards improving our front-line care, ultimately helping to save more lives.
GNAAS hangar at Urlay Nook
This week, workers began pouring the concrete which will create the foundation of the hangar which will house our aircraft.
Our grounds are also receiving some TLC. A group of ground crew volunteers have kindly offered up their own time and resources to keep the base in tip-top condition and to prepare the area for visitors.
GNAAS staff would like to say a huge thank you to every supporter who’s helped us along the way. It is thanks to you that this move has been possible.
Donations, volunteering and kind words of encouragement have helped the move to run very smoothly. We can’t wait to show everyone the shiny new base!
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent