The move to Progress House in Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe, has brought fundraising, lottery and admin teams together under the same roof for the first time. Office staff are excited to welcome the operational team based at Durham Tees Valley Airport to the new headquarters later in the year, while our Cumbrian base in Langwathby will continue to operate in the West.
The move to relocate staff from three of our sites – Darlington town centre, Newton Aycliffe and DTVA – will result in rent savings of around £120,000 per year.
As well as accommodating our aircrew and charity staff, the base will also be home to a world-class clinical training facility for a huge number of medical professionals across the globe. The revenue generated by this facility will go towards improving our front-line care, ultimately helping to save more lives.
GNAAS hangar at Urlay Nook
This week, workers began pouring the concrete which will create the foundation of the hangar which will house our aircraft.
Our grounds are also receiving some TLC. A group of ground crew volunteers have kindly offered up their own time and resources to keep the base in tip-top condition and to prepare the area for visitors.
GNAAS staff would like to say a huge thank you to every supporter who’s helped us along the way. It is thanks to you that this move has been possible.
Donations, volunteering and kind words of encouragement have helped the move to run very smoothly. We can’t wait to show everyone the shiny new base!
- Bell APT 70 Successfully Completes NASA’s Systems Integration and Operationalization Activity
- PHPA Becomes Southern California Rotorcraft Association
- WellSpan Health and Air Methods announces launch of WellFlight Air Ambulance
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020