The move to Progress House in Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe, has brought fundraising, lottery and admin teams together under the same roof for the first time. Office staff are excited to welcome the operational team based at Durham Tees Valley Airport to the new headquarters later in the year, while our Cumbrian base in Langwathby will continue to operate in the West.
The move to relocate staff from three of our sites – Darlington town centre, Newton Aycliffe and DTVA – will result in rent savings of around £120,000 per year.
As well as accommodating our aircrew and charity staff, the base will also be home to a world-class clinical training facility for a huge number of medical professionals across the globe. The revenue generated by this facility will go towards improving our front-line care, ultimately helping to save more lives.
GNAAS hangar at Urlay Nook
This week, workers began pouring the concrete which will create the foundation of the hangar which will house our aircraft.
Our grounds are also receiving some TLC. A group of ground crew volunteers have kindly offered up their own time and resources to keep the base in tip-top condition and to prepare the area for visitors.
GNAAS staff would like to say a huge thank you to every supporter who’s helped us along the way. It is thanks to you that this move has been possible.
Donations, volunteering and kind words of encouragement have helped the move to run very smoothly. We can’t wait to show everyone the shiny new base!
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support