The move to Progress House in Urlay Nook, Eaglescliffe, has brought fundraising, lottery and admin teams together under the same roof for the first time. Office staff are excited to welcome the operational team based at Durham Tees Valley Airport to the new headquarters later in the year, while our Cumbrian base in Langwathby will continue to operate in the West.
The move to relocate staff from three of our sites – Darlington town centre, Newton Aycliffe and DTVA – will result in rent savings of around £120,000 per year.
As well as accommodating our aircrew and charity staff, the base will also be home to a world-class clinical training facility for a huge number of medical professionals across the globe. The revenue generated by this facility will go towards improving our front-line care, ultimately helping to save more lives.
GNAAS hangar at Urlay Nook
This week, workers began pouring the concrete which will create the foundation of the hangar which will house our aircraft.
Our grounds are also receiving some TLC. A group of ground crew volunteers have kindly offered up their own time and resources to keep the base in tip-top condition and to prepare the area for visitors.
GNAAS staff would like to say a huge thank you to every supporter who’s helped us along the way. It is thanks to you that this move has been possible.
Donations, volunteering and kind words of encouragement have helped the move to run very smoothly. We can’t wait to show everyone the shiny new base!
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot