Isles of Scilly residents and visitors can win tickets for the new helicopter between Penzance and the islands for sharing their views on the new service.
The team behind the new helicopter route has launched a survey to ensure it provides the best possible service for the islands when it launches in spring 2020.
In return for their views on issues such as services, schedules and future plans, residents and visitors can enter a prize draw to win one of three pairs of tickets for the new service.
The survey can be accessed at www.penzanceheliport.co.uk/survey and will remain open until Friday 31st May.
Helicopters will operate from a new Penzance Heliport to the islands of Tresco and St Mary’s under an agreement between Penzance Heliport Ltd and experienced operator Sloane Helicopters.
The first turf for the heliport was cut in March and building work is now well underway at Jelbert Way, adjacent to the previous heliport site. Tickets for the new service go on sale this summer.
Tom Matthews from Penzance Heliport Ltd said: “We’re now less than 12 months away from the launch of the service, with tickets going on sale this summer.
“Everyone has waited a long time for a new helicopter link between Penzance and Scilly, so we’ve launched this survey to ensure we’re listening to visitors and islanders so we provide the service they need and want.”
The new Isles of Scilly helicopter service, provided by leading operator Sloane Helicopters, will take to the skies in spring 2020. Passengers will fly from Penzance Heliport aboard the state-of-the-art AW139 helicopter, arriving on the islands of Tresco or St Mary’s in just 15 minutes.
Penzance Heliport has been awarded £1.8 million of European Regional Development Funding to support the development of a multi-modal hub connecting Penzance, Tresco and St Mary’s.
Tickets will go on sale from summer 2019 at www.penzanceheliport.co.uk
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model