Isles of Scilly residents and visitors can win tickets for the new helicopter between Penzance and the islands for sharing their views on the new service.
The team behind the new helicopter route has launched a survey to ensure it provides the best possible service for the islands when it launches in spring 2020.
In return for their views on issues such as services, schedules and future plans, residents and visitors can enter a prize draw to win one of three pairs of tickets for the new service.
The survey can be accessed at www.penzanceheliport.co.uk/survey and will remain open until Friday 31st May.
Helicopters will operate from a new Penzance Heliport to the islands of Tresco and St Mary’s under an agreement between Penzance Heliport Ltd and experienced operator Sloane Helicopters.
The first turf for the heliport was cut in March and building work is now well underway at Jelbert Way, adjacent to the previous heliport site. Tickets for the new service go on sale this summer.
Tom Matthews from Penzance Heliport Ltd said: “We’re now less than 12 months away from the launch of the service, with tickets going on sale this summer.
“Everyone has waited a long time for a new helicopter link between Penzance and Scilly, so we’ve launched this survey to ensure we’re listening to visitors and islanders so we provide the service they need and want.”
The new Isles of Scilly helicopter service, provided by leading operator Sloane Helicopters, will take to the skies in spring 2020. Passengers will fly from Penzance Heliport aboard the state-of-the-art AW139 helicopter, arriving on the islands of Tresco or St Mary’s in just 15 minutes.
Penzance Heliport has been awarded £1.8 million of European Regional Development Funding to support the development of a multi-modal hub connecting Penzance, Tresco and St Mary’s.
Tickets will go on sale from summer 2019 at www.penzanceheliport.co.uk
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit