Just one month after launching continuous helicopter flights between Manhattan and John F. Kennedy Airport (“JFK”), BLADE Urban Air Mobility, Inc. (“BLADE”) has expanded its service to include LaGuardia Airport (“LaGuardia”) and Newark Liberty International Airport (“Newark”). BLADE’s service is the largest Urban Air Mobility (“UAM”) initiative in the United States and will further advance the company’s mission of enhancing the reach and affordability of urban aviation.
“Since expanding our continuous flight service between Manhattan and JFK, we are seeing faster than expected adoption by people choosing to fly to the airport rather than driving,” said Rob Wiesenthal, CEO of BLADE. “It has become immediately apparent that fliers want the flexibility to fly between Manhattan and, not only JFK, but all area airports.”
New routes are between LaGuardia and Manhattan’s Downtown/Wall Street Heliport, as well as Newark and BLADE Lounge East (East 34th Street Heliport.) JFK service will continue to and from BLADE Lounge West (West 30th Street Heliport) across from Hudson Yards.
At $195 per seat, BLADE consistently beats the price of app-based SUV’s during rush hour. Complimentary ground transportation between the airport helipad and all commercial airline terminals is included.
Through its alliance with BELL, BLADE’s airport service utilizes BELL 206L-4 helicopters, aircraft with one of the lowest noise and environmental footprints in the industry. Certain municipalities in the New York area have designated these helicopters under the “Not Noisy” aircraft classification. All flights strictly follow New York City noise abatement routes, altitudes, and best practices.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment
- BLR Aerospace Awarded Patent for Anti-Torque Helicopter System