On May 8th, Robinson Helicopter Company delivered two R44 Cadets to the University of North Dakota (UND). The bright green and yellow helicopters are the latest additions to the University’s growing fleet of Cadets.
As with the two previously acquired Cadets, purchased in 2017 and 2018, the new Cadets will be used for training at UND’s helicopter division located at the Grand Forks, North Dakota campus. The acquisition attests to UND’s commitment to transitioning to an all R44 helicopter training fleet.
UND’s Chief Helicopter Instructor Wes Van Dell said, “By the fall of 2019, all incoming students will train in Cadets. The performance of the Cadet has been excellent in both the summer and winter months. The students particularly like the aircraft’s ease of operation and advanced avionics.”
In 2018, thirty students in the helicopter division received ratings, ranging from private to CFI, and logged more than 1200 hours in Cadets.
The new aircraft are equipped for VFR and IFR training with a fully integrated glass cockpit featuring Garmin’s G500H 1060 TXi (touchscreen) flight display, GTN 750 GPS/COM/NAV, and GTX 345 transponder with ADS-B In/Out.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work