On May 8th, Robinson Helicopter Company delivered two R44 Cadets to the University of North Dakota (UND). The bright green and yellow helicopters are the latest additions to the University’s growing fleet of Cadets.
As with the two previously acquired Cadets, purchased in 2017 and 2018, the new Cadets will be used for training at UND’s helicopter division located at the Grand Forks, North Dakota campus. The acquisition attests to UND’s commitment to transitioning to an all R44 helicopter training fleet.
UND’s Chief Helicopter Instructor Wes Van Dell said, “By the fall of 2019, all incoming students will train in Cadets. The performance of the Cadet has been excellent in both the summer and winter months. The students particularly like the aircraft’s ease of operation and advanced avionics.”
In 2018, thirty students in the helicopter division received ratings, ranging from private to CFI, and logged more than 1200 hours in Cadets.
The new aircraft are equipped for VFR and IFR training with a fully integrated glass cockpit featuring Garmin’s G500H 1060 TXi (touchscreen) flight display, GTN 750 GPS/COM/NAV, and GTX 345 transponder with ADS-B In/Out.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS