Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced that Northern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH North), a subsidiary of state-owned helicopter operator Vietnam Helicopter Corporation, has launched the first ever helicopter tourism flights with the Bell 505 in Vietnam’s iconic Ha Long Bay.
Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North operate a fleet of modern helicopters providing utility and transport services across several industries such as oil and gas, tourism, air ambulance, search and rescue and VIP transportation. The company plans to offer point to point transfers from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay, charter flights, wedding photography and aerial surveys with the Bell 505 helicopters.
“WE ARE PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS HISTORIC MILESTONE FOR VIETNAM. The BELL 505 IS A GREAT AIRCRAFT FOR TOURISM AND IS ALREADY FLYING TOURISTS IN AUSTRALIA, CAMBODIA, INDONESIA AND NOW VIETNAM.” David Sale, Bell managing director, Asia Pacific.
VNH North has also selected to opt into Bell’s Customer Advantage Plans (CAP) at today’s ceremony. CAP provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. The plans offer a fixed cost per flight hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs.
With a speed of 125 knots (232 km/h) and useful load of 1,500 pounds (680 kg), the Bell 505 is designed to be safe and easy to fly while providing significant value to the operator. Forward-facing seats and large windows give all passengers outstanding visibility during flight while large doors make boarding and loading cargo easier.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support