Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced that Northern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH North), a subsidiary of state-owned helicopter operator Vietnam Helicopter Corporation, has launched the first ever helicopter tourism flights with the Bell 505 in Vietnam’s iconic Ha Long Bay.
Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North operate a fleet of modern helicopters providing utility and transport services across several industries such as oil and gas, tourism, air ambulance, search and rescue and VIP transportation. The company plans to offer point to point transfers from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay, charter flights, wedding photography and aerial surveys with the Bell 505 helicopters.
“WE ARE PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS HISTORIC MILESTONE FOR VIETNAM. The BELL 505 IS A GREAT AIRCRAFT FOR TOURISM AND IS ALREADY FLYING TOURISTS IN AUSTRALIA, CAMBODIA, INDONESIA AND NOW VIETNAM.” David Sale, Bell managing director, Asia Pacific.
VNH North has also selected to opt into Bell’s Customer Advantage Plans (CAP) at today’s ceremony. CAP provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. The plans offer a fixed cost per flight hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs.
With a speed of 125 knots (232 km/h) and useful load of 1,500 pounds (680 kg), the Bell 505 is designed to be safe and easy to fly while providing significant value to the operator. Forward-facing seats and large windows give all passengers outstanding visibility during flight while large doors make boarding and loading cargo easier.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment
- BLR Aerospace Awarded Patent for Anti-Torque Helicopter System