Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced that Northern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH North), a subsidiary of state-owned helicopter operator Vietnam Helicopter Corporation, has launched the first ever helicopter tourism flights with the Bell 505 in Vietnam’s iconic Ha Long Bay.
Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North operate a fleet of modern helicopters providing utility and transport services across several industries such as oil and gas, tourism, air ambulance, search and rescue and VIP transportation. The company plans to offer point to point transfers from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay, charter flights, wedding photography and aerial surveys with the Bell 505 helicopters.
“WE ARE PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS HISTORIC MILESTONE FOR VIETNAM. The BELL 505 IS A GREAT AIRCRAFT FOR TOURISM AND IS ALREADY FLYING TOURISTS IN AUSTRALIA, CAMBODIA, INDONESIA AND NOW VIETNAM.” David Sale, Bell managing director, Asia Pacific.
VNH North has also selected to opt into Bell’s Customer Advantage Plans (CAP) at today’s ceremony. CAP provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. The plans offer a fixed cost per flight hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs.
With a speed of 125 knots (232 km/h) and useful load of 1,500 pounds (680 kg), the Bell 505 is designed to be safe and easy to fly while providing significant value to the operator. Forward-facing seats and large windows give all passengers outstanding visibility during flight while large doors make boarding and loading cargo easier.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent