Kawasaki Heavy Industries established a training center equipped with the latest equipment at the Gifu Plant for pilots and maintenance of H145 / BK117 helicopters manufactured by the company, and held an opening ceremony today.
In recent years, while domestic demand for pilots and mechanics such as highly public doctor helicopters, fire fighting and disaster prevention helicopters has increased, the aging of pilots has progressed, and training and securing of personnel has become an important issue. You With the opening of the training center, we will work to further improve safety operations, in addition to maintaining the operation control technology of the pilots operating our helicopters and the maintenance technology of the mechanics.
The Training Center is the only facility in the country that can train H145 / BK117 helicopters, and will be the third school opened in the world, following Germany and the United States. It is possible to receive education based on the design concept by our designer who actually designed the helicopter. In addition, by using the latest equipment below, training under severe conditions that can not be reproduced by helicopter training can be conducted indoors regardless of the weather.
□ Outline of training center equipment
(1) VMT (Virtual Maintenance Trainer): A
system that can project virtual images of aircraft systems and modules as a 3D model and operate with a touch panel. Trainees can experience and train maintenance work of the helicopter in the same way as a real machine.
(2) HATS (Helionix Advanced Tool Simulator):
A system that simulates an electronic monitor in the cockpit. Using the software installed on the real helicopter, the trainee can train the basic operation procedures in the operation of the helicopter.
(3) Actual unit: The
same unit as the actual helicopter (tail unit, transmission, etc.). Trainees can learn maintenance know-how while actually using tools.
In the future, the training center will start training in English, which will be used by overseas customers, and will also provide training to customers who purchased a helicopter from Airbus, a joint development partner of the H145 / BK117 helicopter.
We will continue to develop H145 / BK117 helicopters with improved performance and equipment for various applications, as well as high reliability based on our past delivery results, development, manufacturing, sales and after-sales support. We will aggressively develop sales activities both in Japan and overseas by making use of our detailed support system.
※ The H145 / BK117 helicopter is a domestic mid-sized twin engine that plays an active role in emergency medical care, fire and disaster prevention, police, reporting, personnel transportation, and goods transportation. Since the delivery of the first machine in 1983, 178 aircraft have been delivered by our company (as of May 10, 2019) due to excellent technology and high reliability, and we have delivered a total of 1,1 worldwide It is a best-selling machine with a delivery of over 500 machines.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS