In the course of upcoming investments in new training equipment for pilot training and further education, Lufthansa Aviation Training (LAT) is cooperating with the manufacturer Reiser Simulation and Training in the field of helicopter simulation. This company is specialized in the production of helicopter full flight simulators of the type H145/H135 Level D.
With the acquisition of its first own combo-helicopter-simulator, Lufthansa Aviation Training expands its training portfolio in this segment and responds to the high demand for training opportunities from Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), such as DRF Luftrettung.
The helicopter simulator manufactured by Reiser Simulation and Training is equipped with an interchangeable cockpit and thus is able to map both specifics of the H 145 and H 135 models. In addition, the Full Flight Simulator (FFS) is equipped with a Third Crew Member Station, where virtual reality technology is used to simulate how to abseil from a helicopter with the entire crew. Since air rescue missions are increasing during the night, the modern helicopter FFS H145/H135 is particularly suitable for training essential flight situations in a realistic atmosphere. The pilots can use their own night vision equipment and thus exactly simulate the reality of the mission. The helicopter simulator designed by RTS sets new training standards with a 240 x 80 degree direct projection of the moving images via high-resolution LED video projectors and an intuitive Instructor Operating Station (IOS).
The new FFS helicopter type H145/H135 is going to be put into operation at the largest training location of Lufthansa Aviation Training in Frankfurt in 2020, which has good accessibility for customers travelling from different directions for their training purposes.
The Letter of Intent on the cooperation between LAT and RST was signed on 29 April 2019 and seals the first cooperation between the two companies. “With Reiser Simulation and Training we have a strong partner at our side. The family-owned company can look back on decades of experience in this highly specialized field of simulator technology and will accompany us closely in this important step of our first own helicopter simulator, which we are very pleased about”, says Stefanie Moulliet, Senior Director Business Development and Product Management at Lufthansa Aviation Training GmbH.
“Pilot training is of great importance for flight safety. Our approach here is to specialize in the requirements of rescue helicopter crews that must be optimally prepared and thus trained for any situation in any weather. We are very proud to be part of the LAT program, which includes the expansion of LAT’s 54 full flight simulator training fleet to include the first helicopter”, explains Dr. Roman Sperl, CEO at Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment
- BLR Aerospace Awarded Patent for Anti-Torque Helicopter System