In the course of upcoming investments in new training equipment for pilot training and further education, Lufthansa Aviation Training (LAT) is cooperating with the manufacturer Reiser Simulation and Training in the field of helicopter simulation. This company is specialized in the production of helicopter full flight simulators of the type H145/H135 Level D.
With the acquisition of its first own combo-helicopter-simulator, Lufthansa Aviation Training expands its training portfolio in this segment and responds to the high demand for training opportunities from Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), such as DRF Luftrettung.
The helicopter simulator manufactured by Reiser Simulation and Training is equipped with an interchangeable cockpit and thus is able to map both specifics of the H 145 and H 135 models. In addition, the Full Flight Simulator (FFS) is equipped with a Third Crew Member Station, where virtual reality technology is used to simulate how to abseil from a helicopter with the entire crew. Since air rescue missions are increasing during the night, the modern helicopter FFS H145/H135 is particularly suitable for training essential flight situations in a realistic atmosphere. The pilots can use their own night vision equipment and thus exactly simulate the reality of the mission. The helicopter simulator designed by RTS sets new training standards with a 240 x 80 degree direct projection of the moving images via high-resolution LED video projectors and an intuitive Instructor Operating Station (IOS).
The new FFS helicopter type H145/H135 is going to be put into operation at the largest training location of Lufthansa Aviation Training in Frankfurt in 2020, which has good accessibility for customers travelling from different directions for their training purposes.
The Letter of Intent on the cooperation between LAT and RST was signed on 29 April 2019 and seals the first cooperation between the two companies. “With Reiser Simulation and Training we have a strong partner at our side. The family-owned company can look back on decades of experience in this highly specialized field of simulator technology and will accompany us closely in this important step of our first own helicopter simulator, which we are very pleased about”, says Stefanie Moulliet, Senior Director Business Development and Product Management at Lufthansa Aviation Training GmbH.
“Pilot training is of great importance for flight safety. Our approach here is to specialize in the requirements of rescue helicopter crews that must be optimally prepared and thus trained for any situation in any weather. We are very proud to be part of the LAT program, which includes the expansion of LAT’s 54 full flight simulator training fleet to include the first helicopter”, explains Dr. Roman Sperl, CEO at Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH.
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support