The last few hundred of the $500 Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) rebate reservations offered to general aviation aircraft owners by the FAA are gone.
Since launching the program in September 2016, the FAA has offered 20,000 rebates to qualified applicants.
Should any of the reservations be returned, the agency will make them available each Wednesday at 1 p.m. Eastern Time on a first-come, first-served basis.
The FAA rebates were made available to encourage owners of fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraft to equip with ADS-B Out avionics, which will be required in certain, controlled airspace by Jan. 1, 2020.
Aircraft owners need to follow five steps to receive the $500 rebate:
- Purchase the equipment and schedule its installation.
- Obtain a Rebate Reservation Code by reserving a position online.
- Have the equipment installed.
- Conduct the required equipment performance validation and get an Incentive Code.
- Claim the $500 rebate online using the Rebate Reservation Code and Incentive Code.
In addition to the ADS-B Rebate reservation portal, the FAA’s Equip ADS-B website lists FAA-certified ADS-B equipment and features an equipage database searchable by aircraft type and model.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform