In an effort to better serve our community and surrounding areas, Scotland Health Care System has partnered with Cape Fear LifeLink Air to station a helicopter on the Scotland Memorial Hospital campus starting May 10, 2019. Cape Fear LifeLink Air is an emergency air medical transportation service offered by Cape Fear Valley Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville, NC. By stationing this helicopter in Scotland County, providers will be able to cut response times and deliver critical care air ambulance services to patients following a traumatic illness or injury.
The Cape Fear LifeLink Air crew can transfer a patient from Scotland Memorial Hospital to a hospital with higher-level critical care services within minutes,” says Dr. Cheryl Davis, Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer of Scotland Health Care System. “People’s lives depend on how quickly they can get to the care they need—whether it’s here or another more specialized facility outside the region. This aircraft will allow us to save precious time in emergencies when every minute counts.”
Cape Fear LifeLink Air is a well-established and respected provider of 24 hour per day, 7 day per week emergency air medical transportation services using specially equipped rotor-wing aircraft and specially trained personnel capable of providing patient care consistent with recognized critical care transport and advanced life support standards. The Air service will transport critical patients to any of the hospitals with a higher level of care that is best for the patient based on physician or patient preference.
“Scotland is excited about this new partnership to transfer patients from here and provide air ambulance services to the communities we serve. This is another way Scotland Health Care System is dedicated to bringing closer care that’s better by far” concluded Mr. Wood.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL