As the world’s leading manufacturer in the VIP multiengine helicopter market with a 40% share and the largest producer of corporate helicopters flying in UK, Leonardo is further growing its presence in this sector with the announcement of a further renewal of the Distributorship Agreement in UK and Ireland with its key partner Sloane Helicopters (Sloane). The agreement covers the AW109 GrandNew, AW109 Trekker and AW169 types over the period 2019-2021. Under the Distributorship Agreement, Sloane foresees the purchase of at least eight new helicopters by 2021, with a contract for an AW109 GrandNew and an AW109 Trekker in VIP configuration signed at EBACE.
Leonardo is the world leader in the twin-engine VIP/corporate helicopter market including private, charter and VVIP/Government transport services, thanks to the most modern and largest product range featuring state-of-art avionic and navigation systems along with class leading performance, safety and comfort standards.
Sloane said: “We are delighted and honoured to continue our close partnership with Leonardo Helicopters. The AW109 series and AW169 helicopters have consolidated their positions as the benchmark for helicopters in the corporate/VIP market. As the sole Distributor in the region for 24 years, Sloane Helicopters has an unrivalled understanding of customer requirements and continues to leverage this expertise by offering industry leading solutions throughout the sales process and after sales support.”
The partnership with Sloane has led to the sale of nearly 80 aircraft to date. Following the outstanding success of earlier variants of the AW109 and the AW109 GrandNew, the new AW109 Trekker has more recently found success with three aircraft ordered in the region to date. The AW109 GrandNew and the AW109 Trekker share the same powerful engines, dynamics, the most spacious cabin and the best performance and maximum cruise speed in the light twin class, while featuring different digital core avionics and with retractable landing gear / skids respectively. Each provides customers with one more option depending on their specific operational requirements. Combined orders for over 450 Grand/GrandNew and Trekker helicopters have been placed by customers worldwide to date.
- Leonardo AW109 Trekker chosen to support French EMS market
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109