In order to develop business helicopter flights and helicopter management at the Payerne Airport, Speedwings Business SA and Bamberg-based BHS Helicopterservice GmbH with its subsidiary DC Aviation Switzerland of Zurich have agreed to cooperate in the future. The letter of intent was signed by representatives of the companies on 21 May 2019 at the EBACE aviation event in Geneva. The partnership aims to expand the range of services offered at the Payerne Airport in Switzerland by adding business helicopter flights and helicopter management.
The airport serves as an airbase for the Swiss Air Force and is open for general aviation. Payerne facilities include a modern business aviation terminal that opened on 29 March 2019. It has hangars for aircraft and passenger lounges as well as office space, conference rooms and areas for crew members. This infrastructure allows and promotes the basis for the expansion of business aviation services. The terminal is operated by Speedwings Business, a fixed-base operator (FBO) primarily responsible for handling civil flights, but the company also offers other services for private flights. Such services include the leasing of aircraft bays, refueling, aircraft chartering, scheduling and organizing of business flights and providing the appropriate infrastructure.
Speedwings Business will now offer helicopter services through the collaboration with BHS Helicopterservice/DC Aviation Switzerland. “We are looking forward to our partnership with one of the most prestigious companies in commercial helicopter aviation in Switzerland and Germany. This complements our growing portfolio and contributes to business development at the Payerne Airport,” explains Damien Piller, President of Speedwings Business.
Combined expertise in helicopter services BHS Helicopterservice has specialized in business aviation with helicopters since 2008 and is in the process of acquiring DC Aviation Switzerland, which was formed from the Swiss carriers Jet-Link and Heli-Link. Like BHS, DC Aviation Switzerland offers a range of passenger and business air travel services with helicopters. In addition, the company has many years of experience in professional helicopter management.
BHS Helicopterservice wants to expand its business in Germany and Switzerland with DC Aviation Switzerland. “The collaboration with Speedwings is another important strategic step for the expansion of business activities in Switzerland. This is why we are very excited about working together on an agreement for helicopter charter flights and helicopter management at the Payerne Airport,” explains Maximilian Stoschek, CEO of BHS Helicopterservice GmbH.
Payerne has great growth potential in the field of business aviation. swiss aeropole is the local airport authority and provider of the first business and technology park in Switzerland, which offers companies development opportunities specifically in aviation, aerospace and related industries. swiss aeropole sees the proposed partnership between Speedwings Business and BHS Helicopterservice/DC Aviation Stuttgart as a very positive development: “Speedwings has made an important investment in business aviation at Payerne Airport by opening up the new terminal and offering services for handling civil flights. The future collaboration with BHS Helicopterservice/DC Aviation Switzerland will provide additional services tailored to a discerning clientele. The entire region will benefit from this partnership through even better connections, new jobs and economic growth,” says Massimo Fiorin, Director Business Park of swiss aeropole SA.
The Payerne Airport has a 2,800 meter-long runway, which is also used for aircraft testing. The convenient location allows for quick transfers to and from Lausanne, Bern, Fribourg and Neuchâtel.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL