British charter operator Apollo Air Services have confirmed – via an Instagram post – that they will be operating the first Leonardo AW109 Trekker in the UK. The company, base at Carlisle Lake District Airport, already operate six AW109SP GrandNew, one AW109S Grand and one Airbus AS350B2, with additional bases at Cardiff Heliport and Leeds East Airport.
Apollo have stated that the Trekker will be available from October 2019, and will be based in Central Scotland. The aircraft will be delivered by UK Leonardo distributor Sloane Helicopters. Sloane have been the exclusive distributor for 24 years, and signed on an agreement to extend their appointment at EBACE 2019 in Geneva.
Pictured seated at the Leonardo stand at EBACE are Stephen Graham, Director and Accountable Manager of Apollo Air Services, and John Parnell, Director of Sales and Marketing at Sloane Helicopters. Two representatives from Leonardo look on.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy