British charter operator Apollo Air Services have confirmed – via an Instagram post – that they will be operating the first Leonardo AW109 Trekker in the UK. The company, base at Carlisle Lake District Airport, already operate six AW109SP GrandNew, one AW109S Grand and one Airbus AS350B2, with additional bases at Cardiff Heliport and Leeds East Airport.
Apollo have stated that the Trekker will be available from October 2019, and will be based in Central Scotland. The aircraft will be delivered by UK Leonardo distributor Sloane Helicopters. Sloane have been the exclusive distributor for 24 years, and signed on an agreement to extend their appointment at EBACE 2019 in Geneva.
Pictured seated at the Leonardo stand at EBACE are Stephen Graham, Director and Accountable Manager of Apollo Air Services, and John Parnell, Director of Sales and Marketing at Sloane Helicopters. Two representatives from Leonardo look on.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL