British charter operator Apollo Air Services have confirmed – via an Instagram post – that they will be operating the first Leonardo AW109 Trekker in the UK. The company, base at Carlisle Lake District Airport, already operate six AW109SP GrandNew, one AW109S Grand and one Airbus AS350B2, with additional bases at Cardiff Heliport and Leeds East Airport.
Apollo have stated that the Trekker will be available from October 2019, and will be based in Central Scotland. The aircraft will be delivered by UK Leonardo distributor Sloane Helicopters. Sloane have been the exclusive distributor for 24 years, and signed on an agreement to extend their appointment at EBACE 2019 in Geneva.
Pictured seated at the Leonardo stand at EBACE are Stephen Graham, Director and Accountable Manager of Apollo Air Services, and John Parnell, Director of Sales and Marketing at Sloane Helicopters. Two representatives from Leonardo look on.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics