British charter operator Apollo Air Services have confirmed – via an Instagram post – that they will be operating the first Leonardo AW109 Trekker in the UK. The company, base at Carlisle Lake District Airport, already operate six AW109SP GrandNew, one AW109S Grand and one Airbus AS350B2, with additional bases at Cardiff Heliport and Leeds East Airport.
Apollo have stated that the Trekker will be available from October 2019, and will be based in Central Scotland. The aircraft will be delivered by UK Leonardo distributor Sloane Helicopters. Sloane have been the exclusive distributor for 24 years, and signed on an agreement to extend their appointment at EBACE 2019 in Geneva.
Pictured seated at the Leonardo stand at EBACE are Stephen Graham, Director and Accountable Manager of Apollo Air Services, and John Parnell, Director of Sales and Marketing at Sloane Helicopters. Two representatives from Leonardo look on.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming
- CHI St. Joseph Health and PHI upgrade aircraft
- Tender issued for German wind farm rescue helicopter
- Queenstown helicopter company liquidated