Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO), is pleased to announce a helicopter upgrade contract with the German Federal Ministry of Interior to modify their incoming Airbus H215 fleet and existing AS332 aircraft. The upgrade project covers four H215s with an option for an additional 16 AS332L1/H215 aircraft and in its entirety will take up to 8 years. Each aircraft will have dozens of modifications with the latest technology to make them flexible and mission-ready for their complex operational use. The German Federal Ministry of Interior will benefit from Heli-One’s experience in developing and implementing industry-leading modifications with a focus on crew requirements.
The fleet is operated by the Federal Police (Bundespolizei) who provide public safety services for German citizens and participate in international missions. Their large and diverse fleet will welcome four Airbus H215 helicopters into service in 2020 and join the existing 19 AS332L1s, 42 H135s (and variants), 19 H155s, and 10 H120s. The aircraft perform a range of missions including search and rescue, border security, maritime protection, disaster response, transportation, counter-terrorism, and supporting international and regional efforts for the United Nations and European Union.
The contract focuses on installing post-delivery mission equipment to harmonize the H215 with the existing fleet to make them mission-ready as soon as possible. Each H215 will receive over 50 modifications, including cabin installations, communication/navigation equipment, search lights, cameras, and rescue equipment. Additional AS332L1/H215s will also have upgrades to bring them up to operational conformity with the fleet.
“We are excited to help the Bundespolizei make their new H215s ready to provide critical services for their citizens and other countries in the region. We value the long-standing working relationship we have developed with their team and will continue to provide the best design solutions for their crew,” said Eddie Lane, President Heli-One.
Heli-One has worked closely with the Bundespolizei for years and is currently performing a modernization program for the AS332L1s – installing a glass display-based cockpit solution with a complementary multi-mission flight management system. In addition to this modernization program, Heli-One worked closely with the flight team to develop additional solutions that have aided crew efficiency such as customized mission equipment and navigation system improvements.
“Our focus has been on identifying and securing revenue-generating long term government contracts and this is a major validation of this strategy. We continue to increase our market share in the defence sector and compete and win in a number of markets,” commented Kevin Charles, Senior Sales Director. He added, “We have a fantastic team and I am extremely proud to be part of our success in this H215 and AS332L1 contract award.”
Heli-One is widely recognized as a global leader in support of the Super Puma platform, with more than 30 years of experience. Heli-One has supported both military and civil customers and practically every mission profile that utilizes this adaptable platform. Support offerings include everything from nose-to-tail, including engines and comprehensive maintenance support. In-house design teams on two continents have developed more than 40 supplemental type certificates (STCs) for this helicopter type and continue to find innovative solutions for customers to maximize operational capability and efficiency.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1