Farm Credit Canada (FCC) renewed its commitment to the health and safety of Western Canadians by making a $600,000 contribution over four years to STARS air ambulance.
“Each year STARS flies thousands of missions in and around the same rural communities served by FCC. We have seen the positive impact STARS has had during some very difficult times,” said FCC Chief Marketing Officer, Todd Klink.
“FCC is proud to continue to support STARS as it plans for the future and a need that will always be there.”
FCC’s donation will support the operation of STARS’ bases in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well as STARS’ mobile education program, which provides donor-supported critical care education at no cost to rural health professionals.
“FCC has made a substantial investment in the health and safety of its employees, customers, and their communities across Western Canada,” said Andrea Robertson, president and chief executive officer of STARS.
“This generous gift will help save many lives and will impact countless others. But it will also fuel innovation, enabling us to continue providing world-class emergency air medical care and transport to those who need it most.”
STARS is a charitable, non-profit helicopter air ambulance service and has flown more than 40,000 missions across Western Canada since 1985.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics