Recently, DART received a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification on its R66 Emergency Float System.
This float system, designed and manufactured by DART, is an aftermarket retrofit option available for R66 operators that allows the aircraft to safely perform over-water operations. The system can be easily retrofitted on the R66 aircraft and is designed with multi air-holding chambers.
The float systems are manufactured using patented lightweight urethane-coated fabric. This maintenance friendly system has longer inspection intervals and does not have to be returned to the manufacturer for recertification. Other key features include a reservoir made of aluminum with a carbon fiber and fiberglass wrap to reduce the risk of corrosion.
The entire kit includes includes Fwd, Aft floats, reservoir, skid extensions and installation hardware. In addition, it is fully certified by these following authorities: NAAC, IAC AR, DCA, FAA, TCCA and now EASA.
“Achieving the European approval for this kit is a big deal for DART” states Steve Ghaleb, Vice President of Commercial Operations at DART Aerospace. “The DART commercial team has been receiving lots of interest from the European R66 community for an aftermarket option to install emergency floats,” continues Steve “we are happy to now be able to service that demand”.
DARTCare, a Repair & Overhaul Program offered by DART, can be purchased alongside the R66 Emergency Float System. This program consists of repairing, testing and repacking of float systems, liferafts and vests as well as servicing on reservoirs. DARTCare features price escalation and aircraft downtime protection, reduced maintenance costs and guaranteed TAT.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards