Recently, DART received a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification on its R66 Emergency Float System.
This float system, designed and manufactured by DART, is an aftermarket retrofit option available for R66 operators that allows the aircraft to safely perform over-water operations. The system can be easily retrofitted on the R66 aircraft and is designed with multi air-holding chambers.
The float systems are manufactured using patented lightweight urethane-coated fabric. This maintenance friendly system has longer inspection intervals and does not have to be returned to the manufacturer for recertification. Other key features include a reservoir made of aluminum with a carbon fiber and fiberglass wrap to reduce the risk of corrosion.
The entire kit includes includes Fwd, Aft floats, reservoir, skid extensions and installation hardware. In addition, it is fully certified by these following authorities: NAAC, IAC AR, DCA, FAA, TCCA and now EASA.
“Achieving the European approval for this kit is a big deal for DART” states Steve Ghaleb, Vice President of Commercial Operations at DART Aerospace. “The DART commercial team has been receiving lots of interest from the European R66 community for an aftermarket option to install emergency floats,” continues Steve “we are happy to now be able to service that demand”.
DARTCare, a Repair & Overhaul Program offered by DART, can be purchased alongside the R66 Emergency Float System. This program consists of repairing, testing and repacking of float systems, liferafts and vests as well as servicing on reservoirs. DARTCare features price escalation and aircraft downtime protection, reduced maintenance costs and guaranteed TAT.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics