Global Helicopter Service (GHS) is excited about being awarded a unique helicopter service contract by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to provide passenger and cargo flights for ICRC personnel in the North Eastern State of Borno in Nigeria.
The contract commenced in March 2019 and includes standby services utilizing the Bell 412 for immediate tasking to meet their requirements in the region. GHS are proud to be selected by the ICRC who have put their trust in the company to provide these services. GHS are extremely confident that with the experience gained in providing similar services to other humanitarian organisations in the region over the last 3.5 years that it can deliver a robust, safe, cost effective and fit for purpose service on a long-term basis.
GHS Helicopters is one of Germany`s leading helicopter service providers, with its headquarters in Ainring, Germany and bases in Abuja, Nigeria and Durban, South Africa.
GHS has proven its capabilities whilst assisting with the Ebola crises in West Africa for a period of more than 2 years and is now providing transportation for humanitarian organisations in Nigeria starting in 2016 with an operational fleet of six aircraft onsite in Maiduguri to meet the demanding daily requirements of the humanitarian community in the region.
In 2018 GHS has flown in excess of 5,000 flight hours, transported approximately 45,000 passengers and moved over 210,000 kg of cargo.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International