Global Helicopter Service (GHS) is excited about being awarded a unique helicopter service contract by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to provide passenger and cargo flights for ICRC personnel in the North Eastern State of Borno in Nigeria.
The contract commenced in March 2019 and includes standby services utilizing the Bell 412 for immediate tasking to meet their requirements in the region. GHS are proud to be selected by the ICRC who have put their trust in the company to provide these services. GHS are extremely confident that with the experience gained in providing similar services to other humanitarian organisations in the region over the last 3.5 years that it can deliver a robust, safe, cost effective and fit for purpose service on a long-term basis.
GHS Helicopters is one of Germany`s leading helicopter service providers, with its headquarters in Ainring, Germany and bases in Abuja, Nigeria and Durban, South Africa.
GHS has proven its capabilities whilst assisting with the Ebola crises in West Africa for a period of more than 2 years and is now providing transportation for humanitarian organisations in Nigeria starting in 2016 with an operational fleet of six aircraft onsite in Maiduguri to meet the demanding daily requirements of the humanitarian community in the region.
In 2018 GHS has flown in excess of 5,000 flight hours, transported approximately 45,000 passengers and moved over 210,000 kg of cargo.
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers