Global Helicopter Service (GHS) is excited about being awarded a unique helicopter service contract by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to provide passenger and cargo flights for ICRC personnel in the North Eastern State of Borno in Nigeria.
The contract commenced in March 2019 and includes standby services utilizing the Bell 412 for immediate tasking to meet their requirements in the region. GHS are proud to be selected by the ICRC who have put their trust in the company to provide these services. GHS are extremely confident that with the experience gained in providing similar services to other humanitarian organisations in the region over the last 3.5 years that it can deliver a robust, safe, cost effective and fit for purpose service on a long-term basis.
GHS Helicopters is one of Germany`s leading helicopter service providers, with its headquarters in Ainring, Germany and bases in Abuja, Nigeria and Durban, South Africa.
GHS has proven its capabilities whilst assisting with the Ebola crises in West Africa for a period of more than 2 years and is now providing transportation for humanitarian organisations in Nigeria starting in 2016 with an operational fleet of six aircraft onsite in Maiduguri to meet the demanding daily requirements of the humanitarian community in the region.
In 2018 GHS has flown in excess of 5,000 flight hours, transported approximately 45,000 passengers and moved over 210,000 kg of cargo.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit