Global Helicopter Service (GHS) is excited about being awarded a unique helicopter service contract by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to provide passenger and cargo flights for ICRC personnel in the North Eastern State of Borno in Nigeria.
The contract commenced in March 2019 and includes standby services utilizing the Bell 412 for immediate tasking to meet their requirements in the region. GHS are proud to be selected by the ICRC who have put their trust in the company to provide these services. GHS are extremely confident that with the experience gained in providing similar services to other humanitarian organisations in the region over the last 3.5 years that it can deliver a robust, safe, cost effective and fit for purpose service on a long-term basis.
GHS Helicopters is one of Germany`s leading helicopter service providers, with its headquarters in Ainring, Germany and bases in Abuja, Nigeria and Durban, South Africa.
GHS has proven its capabilities whilst assisting with the Ebola crises in West Africa for a period of more than 2 years and is now providing transportation for humanitarian organisations in Nigeria starting in 2016 with an operational fleet of six aircraft onsite in Maiduguri to meet the demanding daily requirements of the humanitarian community in the region.
In 2018 GHS has flown in excess of 5,000 flight hours, transported approximately 45,000 passengers and moved over 210,000 kg of cargo.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO