Safety is foremost in the thoughts of any organisation that works in the aviation world, and at the heart of it is the UK Flight Safety Committee. The UKFSC meets six times a year in various locations across southern England.
Captain Rob Mackie, Safety Manager for Devon Air Ambulance, has been attending these meetings for 4 years. Rob’s experience includes being the longest serving pilot for the Devon Air Ambulance service, having flown 7,890 missions over a 23-year period. Of his newly-elected position Rob said: “It is an honour to be elected as a Non-Executive Committee member for such a prestigious organisation. I believe I am the first HEMS representative to be part of the Committee and I am really looking forward to working with my fellow Committee members to promote safety in aviation.”
Dai Whittingham, Chief Executive of UK Flight Safety Committee, said: “I am delighted that Rob has been elected to the Executive Board of the UK Flight Safety Committee. He has been a strong supporter of our work and has shown great commitment since Devon Air Ambulance joined us (along with Emirates) in November 2015. I look forward to working more closely with Rob over the next few years.”
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team