Louise Nicolson will be joining HeliOffshore as communications director from 1st September. She will take over from Charles Alcock, who is leaving the organisation to pursue a new opportunity with the news media.
Based in London, Louise has more than twenty years’ experience in journalism, public relations, employee engagement and corporate reporting. This includes extensive experience of the offshore helicopter and energy industries. She successfully built her own PR consultancy, delivering a wide range of communications services to organisations including CHC Helicopter, Oil & Gas UK and Highlands and Islands Airports.
In 2015, Louise’s work for Step Change in Safety was recognised with the Energy Institute Award for Communication. Following training in issues management with the UK’s Emergency Planning College, Louise led the media response to three fatal helicopter accidents, with her work being commended by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. This month she is publishing her first book, The Entrepreneurial Myth, which advocates a systematic ‘human factors’ approach to business failure.
“I am excited to have Louise join us, she has considerable experience in this sector and brings a wealth of new ideas to help our communications activities go from strength-to-strength,” said CEO Gretchen Haskins.
Charles’s last full day with HeliOffshore is 14th June. He will be providing support to Louise and the HeliOffshore team during the transition process.
Gretchen added, “Charles has made a significant contribution to HeliOffshore’s safety mission. Our communication’s capability has continued to grow under his strong stewardship. We wish him every success with his new opportunity.”
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™