Louise Nicolson will be joining HeliOffshore as communications director from 1st September. She will take over from Charles Alcock, who is leaving the organisation to pursue a new opportunity with the news media.
Based in London, Louise has more than twenty years’ experience in journalism, public relations, employee engagement and corporate reporting. This includes extensive experience of the offshore helicopter and energy industries. She successfully built her own PR consultancy, delivering a wide range of communications services to organisations including CHC Helicopter, Oil & Gas UK and Highlands and Islands Airports.
In 2015, Louise’s work for Step Change in Safety was recognised with the Energy Institute Award for Communication. Following training in issues management with the UK’s Emergency Planning College, Louise led the media response to three fatal helicopter accidents, with her work being commended by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. This month she is publishing her first book, The Entrepreneurial Myth, which advocates a systematic ‘human factors’ approach to business failure.
“I am excited to have Louise join us, she has considerable experience in this sector and brings a wealth of new ideas to help our communications activities go from strength-to-strength,” said CEO Gretchen Haskins.
Charles’s last full day with HeliOffshore is 14th June. He will be providing support to Louise and the HeliOffshore team during the transition process.
Gretchen added, “Charles has made a significant contribution to HeliOffshore’s safety mission. Our communication’s capability has continued to grow under his strong stewardship. We wish him every success with his new opportunity.”
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team