The Sundance Helicopters SkyPath Pilot Program has partnered with Hillsboro Heli Academy in Troutdale, Oregon, to bring the helicopter pilot development program to the academy’s helicopter pilot students. The SkyPath program provides career guidance and mentoring for future professional aviators and also ensures a consistent, efficient, and effective pipeline for Sundance Helicopters and industry partners to secure operationally-ready and highly-qualified helicopter pilots. This is the fourth partnership for
SkyPath as it is also available at top-flight academies such as Leading Edge Aviation (Bend, OR), UND Aerospace (Grand Forks, ND) and Southern Utah University (Cedar City, UT).
“With 39 years of experience training top pilots from around the world, Sundance was eager to work with Hillsboro Heli Academy. Sundance is proud to launch SkyPath at this institution,” said Mark Schlaefli, Director of Operations for Sundance Helicopters and creator of SkyPath. “We look forward to seeing their first graduates from the program and helping them become a part of the Sundance team.”
Through the SkyPath approach, a pilot candidate would apply for the program via select partner flight schools such as Hillsboro Heli Academy. As the pilot candidate progresses through ratings, they are evaluated for their performance, and the top tier candidates are guaranteed an interview with Sundance for available training slots.
“We are extremely excited to partner with operators like Sundance Helicopters and the SkyPath pilot program to provide quality applicants as well as direction and guidance for our students to achieve their goals as pilots in the helicopter industry,” said Jared Friend, Hillsboro Heli Academy General Manager.
Once accepted, the pilot candidate continues through the remaining ratings at Hillsboro Heli Academy and eventually progresses into the instructional phase as a Certified Flight Instructor. After a period of dual given and once the Part 135 minimums are met, he or she will be given a guaranteed interview with Sundance Helicopters.
The program also includes an Initial Operating Experience phase, which will emphasize direct experience over flight hours and will provide advanced training and mentoring that results in career path acceleration while adding additional layers of safety, training and mentoring. This approach provides for a reduction in the flights hours traditionally required, and replaces it with direct experience and evaluation.
These steps will ensure that Sundance Helicopters has actively taken a role in the development and training of pilots from the very beginning of their careers, instilling Sundance Helicopters’ core value of safety and emphasizing decision making and the Sundance PIC culture.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO