The Sundance Helicopters SkyPath Pilot Program has partnered with Hillsboro Heli Academy in Troutdale, Oregon, to bring the helicopter pilot development program to the academy’s helicopter pilot students. The SkyPath program provides career guidance and mentoring for future professional aviators and also ensures a consistent, efficient, and effective pipeline for Sundance Helicopters and industry partners to secure operationally-ready and highly-qualified helicopter pilots. This is the fourth partnership for
SkyPath as it is also available at top-flight academies such as Leading Edge Aviation (Bend, OR), UND Aerospace (Grand Forks, ND) and Southern Utah University (Cedar City, UT).
“With 39 years of experience training top pilots from around the world, Sundance was eager to work with Hillsboro Heli Academy. Sundance is proud to launch SkyPath at this institution,” said Mark Schlaefli, Director of Operations for Sundance Helicopters and creator of SkyPath. “We look forward to seeing their first graduates from the program and helping them become a part of the Sundance team.”
Through the SkyPath approach, a pilot candidate would apply for the program via select partner flight schools such as Hillsboro Heli Academy. As the pilot candidate progresses through ratings, they are evaluated for their performance, and the top tier candidates are guaranteed an interview with Sundance for available training slots.
“We are extremely excited to partner with operators like Sundance Helicopters and the SkyPath pilot program to provide quality applicants as well as direction and guidance for our students to achieve their goals as pilots in the helicopter industry,” said Jared Friend, Hillsboro Heli Academy General Manager.
Once accepted, the pilot candidate continues through the remaining ratings at Hillsboro Heli Academy and eventually progresses into the instructional phase as a Certified Flight Instructor. After a period of dual given and once the Part 135 minimums are met, he or she will be given a guaranteed interview with Sundance Helicopters.
The program also includes an Initial Operating Experience phase, which will emphasize direct experience over flight hours and will provide advanced training and mentoring that results in career path acceleration while adding additional layers of safety, training and mentoring. This approach provides for a reduction in the flights hours traditionally required, and replaces it with direct experience and evaluation.
These steps will ensure that Sundance Helicopters has actively taken a role in the development and training of pilots from the very beginning of their careers, instilling Sundance Helicopters’ core value of safety and emphasizing decision making and the Sundance PIC culture.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team