Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters. Customer shipments, available through Astronautics’ authorized dealer network, have begun.
STCs from the European Aviation Safety Agency and from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil) for A109/119 helicopters are expected shortly.
“Helicopter operators will realize cost, ease, and safety benefits when retrofitting their aircraft with a RoadRunner EFI system (EFIS),” said Chad Cundiff, Astronautics president. “The modern EFIS is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality, enabling enhanced safety features.”
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more RoadRunner EFI information visit www.astronautics.com or contact [email protected] To see the Astronautics’ RoadRunner EFI and to learn more about its capabilities, visit Astronautics during the Paris Air Show in Hall 3, Stand A40.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team