Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters. Customer shipments, available through Astronautics’ authorized dealer network, have begun.
STCs from the European Aviation Safety Agency and from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil) for A109/119 helicopters are expected shortly.
“Helicopter operators will realize cost, ease, and safety benefits when retrofitting their aircraft with a RoadRunner EFI system (EFIS),” said Chad Cundiff, Astronautics president. “The modern EFIS is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality, enabling enhanced safety features.”
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more RoadRunner EFI information visit www.astronautics.com or contact [email protected] To see the Astronautics’ RoadRunner EFI and to learn more about its capabilities, visit Astronautics during the Paris Air Show in Hall 3, Stand A40.
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Brings Enhanced Capability to Santa Barbara Firehawk
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Canada approves Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems on Bell 407
- Cobham Launches Titan Digital Audio Management Series
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations