Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters. Customer shipments, available through Astronautics’ authorized dealer network, have begun.
STCs from the European Aviation Safety Agency and from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil) for A109/119 helicopters are expected shortly.
“Helicopter operators will realize cost, ease, and safety benefits when retrofitting their aircraft with a RoadRunner EFI system (EFIS),” said Chad Cundiff, Astronautics president. “The modern EFIS is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality, enabling enhanced safety features.”
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more RoadRunner EFI information visit www.astronautics.com or contact [email protected] To see the Astronautics’ RoadRunner EFI and to learn more about its capabilities, visit Astronautics during the Paris Air Show in Hall 3, Stand A40.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award