Leonardo announced the signing of a contract valued at 30 million euro for two AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters with Wiking Helikopter Service GmbH of Germany. The aircraft, which are expected to be delivered in 2019 and 2020, will be used to perform offshore transport operations in Northern Europe, further expanding the AW139 fleet of Wiking which already operates four helicopters in the region.
Wiking has been an offshore transport specialist in the North and Baltic Sea areas for over 43 years. The Company also performs sea pilots transfer, windmill engineer hoisting service and emergency medical service operations. This latest AW139 contract provides more evidence of the unrivalled mission capabilities, operational efficiency and reliability of the world’s most successful type in its category to carry out demanding missions overseas. The AW139 fleet augmentation programme will allow Wiking to meet the evolving requirements of its clients.
The AW139 has proven extremely popular in the region for offshore, search and rescue, passenger transport and law enforcement duties. The type set new standards in terms of flight and mission technology, cabin space and comfort, performance, safety and reliability as well as introducing advanced support, maintenance and training services. The AW139 is even exceeding the evolving Oil&Gas market’s stringent requirements with unique features including a 60+ minutes run dry capable main gear box and full or limited ice protection system as an option to fly in known icing conditions for true all weather operations. Over 1100 AW139s have been ordered by more than 270 customers in more than 70 nations to date for any kind of mission. The global fleet has amassed over 2.3 million flight hours and the 1000th aircraft will be delivered this year.
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures