At Paris Air Show leading African aviation services provider Akagera Aviation is celebrating a decade of successful operations of Leonardo helicopters in Rwanda, delivering a range of services including VIP and charter transport, aerial photography and medical evacuation across the nation.
Established in 2004, Akagera Aviation has strongly contributed to the growth of Rwanda’s aviation sector making its home nation the first Central African country to introduce an emergency medical service helicopter into service. Based at Kigali International Airport, the Company has progressively expanded and diversified its business model also supplying aerial survey, aerial advertising, pilot training, aircraft maintenance and sales, setting new standards in the region. More recently, Akagera Aviation has increasingly responded to the demand for transport operations in support of the growing tourism industry.
Akagera Aviation currently operates an AW109 Grand light twin, an AW139 intermediate twin and two AW119Kx single-engine helicopters featuring a rapidly reconfigurable layout to perform various missions. Thanks to best-in-class performance, cabin space and comfort, stateof-the-art technology and high safety standard, the Leonardo helicopters have demonstrated the ideal solution for operations in hot & high conditions and have demonstrated outstanding service in support of the local community and growing tourism. Akagera Aviation expects a further expansion to meet the growing demand for the services provided and is planning to introduce additional AW119Kx helicopters into its fleet in the future.
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant