CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero”) (NYSE American: CVU) announced that it has received purchase orders totaling approximately $14 million from Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, for Hover Infrared Suppression System (HIRSS) module assemblies for use as spares on older variants of the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. Deliveries under these orders will commence in 2020 and be completed in 2022.
As previously disclosed, the company received purchase orders totaling approximately $8.0 million in October 2018 for HIRSS systems from Sikorsky for the Black Hawk. Deliveries under the October 2018 orders will commence before the end of 2019 and continue into 2021.
The HIRSS is a defensive countermeasures system that is integral to the survival of the UH-60 Black Hawk by reducing the opportunity for an infrared-seeking threat system to acquire, lock onto, track, and destroy the helicopter.
“With more than 4,000 UH-60s deployed worldwide, HIRSS provides critical support to our Army aviators and keeps them safe. In addition, over the past six months, we have received more than $22 million in orders for our HIRSS module assemblies, demonstrating the importance of this platform as a source of near-term opportunities for CPI Aero,” stated Douglas McCrosson, president and CEO of CPI Aerostructures.
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app