The Anchorage-based helicopter operator responsible for exclusive transports to a remote luxury lodge in Denali National Park and Preserve and a premier utility helicopter operator broadens its business with the purchase of Anchorage Helicopter Tours LLC to create Alaska Helicopter Tours, powered by Alpha Aviation LLC. The addition of Alaska Helicopter Tours will expand on the Alpha Aviation model of high-end tourism experiences including charter/utility work to offer helicopter flightseeing tours from locations in Anchorage, Talkeetna and Knik River Lodge in Palmer.
Alaska Helicopter Tours will operate year-round out of Anchorage and offer seasonal service in Talkeetna and at Knik River Lodge. It is also the only operator allowed to land at the Historic Sheldon Mountain House located on a glacier surrounded rock outcropping in Denali National Park and Preserve. With various tour options ranging from the popular Mountains and Ocean tour, Knik Glacier landing, Eagle Glacier tour, to the Helicopter and Glacier dog sled tour, and the Historic Sheldon Mountain House, Alaska Helicopter Tours has a trip for every type of sight-seeker in the Last Frontier.
Many of the tours take place in the Knik Valley, which is known for having more sunshine and clear days, making flight cancellations rare. By adding the fleet from Anchorage Helicopter Tours, Alaska Helicopter Tours is able to bring even more customers to new heights and remote places in Alaska.
“Acquiring Alaska Helicopter Tours enables us to better bring our passion of new, unique Alaska ecotourism to a broader market. With helicopters in Alaska, the adventures are endless,” said Chad Emswiler, co-owner of Alpha Aviation.
Alaska Helicopter Tours is always working on new excursions and has various partners in its areas of operation where passengers can combine their ride with experiences on the land, water and mountain bike trails. Guests can pick from snowmobile trips paired with a helicopter trip year-round, to a helicopter fat tire bike ride in the summer, to the more traditional glacier landing or city flightseeing trip.
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award