The Anchorage-based helicopter operator responsible for exclusive transports to a remote luxury lodge in Denali National Park and Preserve and a premier utility helicopter operator broadens its business with the purchase of Anchorage Helicopter Tours LLC to create Alaska Helicopter Tours, powered by Alpha Aviation LLC. The addition of Alaska Helicopter Tours will expand on the Alpha Aviation model of high-end tourism experiences including charter/utility work to offer helicopter flightseeing tours from locations in Anchorage, Talkeetna and Knik River Lodge in Palmer.
Alaska Helicopter Tours will operate year-round out of Anchorage and offer seasonal service in Talkeetna and at Knik River Lodge. It is also the only operator allowed to land at the Historic Sheldon Mountain House located on a glacier surrounded rock outcropping in Denali National Park and Preserve. With various tour options ranging from the popular Mountains and Ocean tour, Knik Glacier landing, Eagle Glacier tour, to the Helicopter and Glacier dog sled tour, and the Historic Sheldon Mountain House, Alaska Helicopter Tours has a trip for every type of sight-seeker in the Last Frontier.
Many of the tours take place in the Knik Valley, which is known for having more sunshine and clear days, making flight cancellations rare. By adding the fleet from Anchorage Helicopter Tours, Alaska Helicopter Tours is able to bring even more customers to new heights and remote places in Alaska.
“Acquiring Alaska Helicopter Tours enables us to better bring our passion of new, unique Alaska ecotourism to a broader market. With helicopters in Alaska, the adventures are endless,” said Chad Emswiler, co-owner of Alpha Aviation.
Alaska Helicopter Tours is always working on new excursions and has various partners in its areas of operation where passengers can combine their ride with experiences on the land, water and mountain bike trails. Guests can pick from snowmobile trips paired with a helicopter trip year-round, to a helicopter fat tire bike ride in the summer, to the more traditional glacier landing or city flightseeing trip.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM