The Anchorage-based helicopter operator responsible for exclusive transports to a remote luxury lodge in Denali National Park and Preserve and a premier utility helicopter operator broadens its business with the purchase of Anchorage Helicopter Tours LLC to create Alaska Helicopter Tours, powered by Alpha Aviation LLC. The addition of Alaska Helicopter Tours will expand on the Alpha Aviation model of high-end tourism experiences including charter/utility work to offer helicopter flightseeing tours from locations in Anchorage, Talkeetna and Knik River Lodge in Palmer.
Alaska Helicopter Tours will operate year-round out of Anchorage and offer seasonal service in Talkeetna and at Knik River Lodge. It is also the only operator allowed to land at the Historic Sheldon Mountain House located on a glacier surrounded rock outcropping in Denali National Park and Preserve. With various tour options ranging from the popular Mountains and Ocean tour, Knik Glacier landing, Eagle Glacier tour, to the Helicopter and Glacier dog sled tour, and the Historic Sheldon Mountain House, Alaska Helicopter Tours has a trip for every type of sight-seeker in the Last Frontier.
Many of the tours take place in the Knik Valley, which is known for having more sunshine and clear days, making flight cancellations rare. By adding the fleet from Anchorage Helicopter Tours, Alaska Helicopter Tours is able to bring even more customers to new heights and remote places in Alaska.
“Acquiring Alaska Helicopter Tours enables us to better bring our passion of new, unique Alaska ecotourism to a broader market. With helicopters in Alaska, the adventures are endless,” said Chad Emswiler, co-owner of Alpha Aviation.
Alaska Helicopter Tours is always working on new excursions and has various partners in its areas of operation where passengers can combine their ride with experiences on the land, water and mountain bike trails. Guests can pick from snowmobile trips paired with a helicopter trip year-round, to a helicopter fat tire bike ride in the summer, to the more traditional glacier landing or city flightseeing trip.
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham