Leonardo and PWN Excellence Sdn Bhd (PWNE) are expanding their established partnership in Malaysia for the provision of advanced training services announcing the extension of the Authorised Synthetic Training Centre (ASTC) agreement, currently for the AW139 helicopter, to include AW189 Full Flight Simulator (FFS) services.
By the end of 2020 PWNE will incorporate a second Level D roll on/off Full Flight Simulator system allowing both AW139 and AW189 pilot training, adding to the existing AW139 FFS, into a newly built facility located Subang Skypark (Subang Terminal Airport), close to Leonardo’s subsidiary in Malaysia which delivers support and training services.
The introduction of a FFS for the AW189 in Malaysia is a major step forward as the customer base of the most successful helicopter in the all new super medium category grows further across Australasia, representing approximately 20% of all AW189 sales to date. The AW189 has received orders or is already in service in several nations in Australasia including Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam and Australia, to name a few, to carry out offshore transport, EMS, firefighting and disaster relief missions. This training initiative is consistent with the Industrial Plan of Leonardo which foresees an expansion of services in proximity to its customers across geographies to maximise mission effectiveness and safety of operations.
“PWNE considers the expansion of the collaboration with Leonardo and the incorporation of a new AW189 FFS as a substantial milestone in the development of its services offering. We are pleased to provide training services to the aviation community to support enhancement of operational safety and efficiency”, said Hazlee Jehan, Chief Executive Officer of PWN Excellence.
Established in 2012, the Helicopter Training Academy of Leonardo in Malaysia has met the evolving requirements of customers across the region, delivering increasing levels of both pilot and maintenance training , and is a recognized organization by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and other National Civil Aviation Authorities. An AW139 Maintenance Training Simulator (MTS) is also located at the facility as part of its maintenance training service capabilities.
PWN Excellence Sdn Bhd (PWNE) was appointed as Leonardo Helicopters Authorised Synthetic Training Centre in 2012 and commenced its operations in April 2013, being the first operator in the region of a Full Flight Simulator Level D for the AW139 type. PWNE is a simulator operator duly certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM).
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories