Military helicopters are called on to perform reconnaissance, fire support, surveillance and search-and-rescue missions in increasingly saturated environments. Pilots must be able to observe hostiles, evade obstacles and successfully complete their missions while flying the helicopter and monitoring information from its onboard systems.
Fully mission oriented, the FlytX solution has been developed to enable maximum efficiency. The technology used in FlytX is designed to reduce pilot workload, so that they can focus on their mission objective at every decisive moment.
“Highly innovative, capable and vital for mission success, the FlytX solution from Thales will fully meet the new standards in military aviation. This intuitive flight deck with touchscreen interaction allows pilots to familiarise themselves with the system in record time. The FlytX avionics suite is also available for civil helicopters.” Gil Michielin, Thales Executive Vice President, Avionics.
Thanks to Thales’s expertise in avionics, FlytX offers the highest level of efficiency in terms of human-machine interaction. This flight deck of the future allows faster access to information, coupled with a synthetic representation of the outside environment. With a large display area, it facilitates crew interaction, closely integrates with all the other aircraft systems, fuses information and enables more informed and intuitive decisions.
Customisable and scalable, FlytX can be readily tailored to the specific requirements of crews and their missions. Fully connected, it can be easily interfaced in flight and on the ground with open-world applications in a cyberprotected environment. As a result, operators can securely access their systems and add new features and functions, as needed.
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation