Military helicopters are called on to perform reconnaissance, fire support, surveillance and search-and-rescue missions in increasingly saturated environments. Pilots must be able to observe hostiles, evade obstacles and successfully complete their missions while flying the helicopter and monitoring information from its onboard systems.
Fully mission oriented, the FlytX solution has been developed to enable maximum efficiency. The technology used in FlytX is designed to reduce pilot workload, so that they can focus on their mission objective at every decisive moment.
“Highly innovative, capable and vital for mission success, the FlytX solution from Thales will fully meet the new standards in military aviation. This intuitive flight deck with touchscreen interaction allows pilots to familiarise themselves with the system in record time. The FlytX avionics suite is also available for civil helicopters.” Gil Michielin, Thales Executive Vice President, Avionics.
Thanks to Thales’s expertise in avionics, FlytX offers the highest level of efficiency in terms of human-machine interaction. This flight deck of the future allows faster access to information, coupled with a synthetic representation of the outside environment. With a large display area, it facilitates crew interaction, closely integrates with all the other aircraft systems, fuses information and enables more informed and intuitive decisions.
Customisable and scalable, FlytX can be readily tailored to the specific requirements of crews and their missions. Fully connected, it can be easily interfaced in flight and on the ground with open-world applications in a cyberprotected environment. As a result, operators can securely access their systems and add new features and functions, as needed.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS