Leonardo announced at Paris Air Show the appointment of SPECTO Aerospace as a Blade Repair Centre for the AW109 light twin and the AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopter main and tail rotor blades in Europe, including Russia. The appointment follows the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in Amsterdam in late 2018, allowing SPECTO Aerospace to join a network of other four Blade Repair Centres based in UAE, UK, USA and Singapore. Headquartered at Amsterdam Lelystad-Airport, The Netherlands, SPECTO Aerospace has more than 15 years of experience in maintenance of composite components. SPECTO’s facility at the Royal Netherlands Air Force base in Woensdrecht is specialized in the repair of helicopter rotor blades for the civil and military market.
This latest step is evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding material and technical assistance across the important European market, and aligns with Company’s Industrial Plan aimed at strengthening the level of service worldwide. Customer feedback and growing market success were essential reasons for Leonardo to expand its footprint in the region. Focus on proximity and customer satisfaction remain key drivers of Leonardo support network’s mission and investments.
The popular AW109 light twin series and the world class AW139 helicopter experience continued success across Europe for a wide range of missions including VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, EMS/SAR, law enforcement and public utility duties. Europe accounts for nearly 40% and almost 30% of their respective global sales.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award