Leonardo announced at Paris Air Show the appointment of SPECTO Aerospace as a Blade Repair Centre for the AW109 light twin and the AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopter main and tail rotor blades in Europe, including Russia. The appointment follows the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in Amsterdam in late 2018, allowing SPECTO Aerospace to join a network of other four Blade Repair Centres based in UAE, UK, USA and Singapore. Headquartered at Amsterdam Lelystad-Airport, The Netherlands, SPECTO Aerospace has more than 15 years of experience in maintenance of composite components. SPECTO’s facility at the Royal Netherlands Air Force base in Woensdrecht is specialized in the repair of helicopter rotor blades for the civil and military market.
This latest step is evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding material and technical assistance across the important European market, and aligns with Company’s Industrial Plan aimed at strengthening the level of service worldwide. Customer feedback and growing market success were essential reasons for Leonardo to expand its footprint in the region. Focus on proximity and customer satisfaction remain key drivers of Leonardo support network’s mission and investments.
The popular AW109 light twin series and the world class AW139 helicopter experience continued success across Europe for a wide range of missions including VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, EMS/SAR, law enforcement and public utility duties. Europe accounts for nearly 40% and almost 30% of their respective global sales.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020