During a visit dedicated to highlighting the role of apprenticeships in the French aeronautical industry, French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe met with some of the several hundred young apprentices that work at Airbus Helicopters. The Prime Minister was then invited to experience first-hand one of the next generation helicopters that they have contributed to during their apprenticeship.
Leaving the Paris Air Show in comfort, thanks to the H160’s low vibration and sound levels, the Prime Minster was joined by the French Minister of the Armed Forces, Florence Parly, who unveiled the military version of the H160, the “Guépard”, a couple of weeks earlier, as well as Bruno Even, Airbus Helicopters CEO.
Apprenticeship is an effective way of learning essential work skills and ultimately finding a job in the technical fields of work in the French aeronautical industry. 370 apprentices, of which 15% were women, worked at Airbus Helicopters in 2018, and more than 200 new young people enter the apprenticeship system each year. Airbus values apprenticeship as a path to excellence, with 40% of its apprentices receiving awards in the 2018 national competition for the Best Apprentice in France.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf