During a visit dedicated to highlighting the role of apprenticeships in the French aeronautical industry, French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe met with some of the several hundred young apprentices that work at Airbus Helicopters. The Prime Minister was then invited to experience first-hand one of the next generation helicopters that they have contributed to during their apprenticeship.
Leaving the Paris Air Show in comfort, thanks to the H160’s low vibration and sound levels, the Prime Minster was joined by the French Minister of the Armed Forces, Florence Parly, who unveiled the military version of the H160, the “Guépard”, a couple of weeks earlier, as well as Bruno Even, Airbus Helicopters CEO.
Apprenticeship is an effective way of learning essential work skills and ultimately finding a job in the technical fields of work in the French aeronautical industry. 370 apprentices, of which 15% were women, worked at Airbus Helicopters in 2018, and more than 200 new young people enter the apprenticeship system each year. Airbus values apprenticeship as a path to excellence, with 40% of its apprentices receiving awards in the 2018 national competition for the Best Apprentice in France.
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award