During a visit dedicated to highlighting the role of apprenticeships in the French aeronautical industry, French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe met with some of the several hundred young apprentices that work at Airbus Helicopters. The Prime Minister was then invited to experience first-hand one of the next generation helicopters that they have contributed to during their apprenticeship.
Leaving the Paris Air Show in comfort, thanks to the H160’s low vibration and sound levels, the Prime Minster was joined by the French Minister of the Armed Forces, Florence Parly, who unveiled the military version of the H160, the “Guépard”, a couple of weeks earlier, as well as Bruno Even, Airbus Helicopters CEO.
Apprenticeship is an effective way of learning essential work skills and ultimately finding a job in the technical fields of work in the French aeronautical industry. 370 apprentices, of which 15% were women, worked at Airbus Helicopters in 2018, and more than 200 new young people enter the apprenticeship system each year. Airbus values apprenticeship as a path to excellence, with 40% of its apprentices receiving awards in the 2018 national competition for the Best Apprentice in France.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award