Through a donor who wishes to be anonymous, Women in Aviation International has awarded an additional $73,000 in 17 individual scholarships to be put toward flight and aviation maintenance training. These scholarships winners are:
WAI Private Pilot Scholarship ($5,000 each): Madison Coutu, Toronto, Ontario; Kourtnie A Robin, Slidell, Louisiana; Rachel A Obajtek, Tehachapi, California; Aurora E Enriquez, Bozeman, Montana; Morgan D Sandstrom, Centerville, Ohio.
WAI Instrument Certificate Scholarship ($5,000 each): Melissa Diaz Cooper, Kailua, Hawaii; Shana Bartell, Cedar City, Utah; Maria Hall, Kerrville, Texas.
WAI CFI Certificate Scholarship ($3,000 each): Lauren Lynn Sherrick, Racine, Wisconsin; Sarah Corbin, Anchorage, Alaska.
WAI CFII Rating Scholarship ($5,000): Trimbi M. Szabo, Broomfield, Colorado.
WAI Multi Engine Rating Scholarship ($3,000 each): Morgan M. Gillespie, Prescott, Arizona; Gabrielle F. Palmas, Phoenix, Arizona; Theodore W. Johnson, Ypsilanti, Michigan; Meira Leonard, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician Scholarship ($5,000 each): Erin Walling, Beavercreek, Ohio; Jodie A. Gawthrop, Westfield, Indiana.
“As always, we’re grateful to the generous companies and individuals who participate by their contributions to our scholarship program,” says WAI President Peggy Chabrian. “These donors literally change the lives of our members and help guide them on a clear path to a career in aviation.”
Scholarships that will be awarded at the 2020 International Women in Aviation Conference to be held from March 5-7, 2020, in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, will be announced and posted at wai.org/scholarships by July 1, 2019.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s