Through a donor who wishes to be anonymous, Women in Aviation International has awarded an additional $73,000 in 17 individual scholarships to be put toward flight and aviation maintenance training. These scholarships winners are:
WAI Private Pilot Scholarship ($5,000 each): Madison Coutu, Toronto, Ontario; Kourtnie A Robin, Slidell, Louisiana; Rachel A Obajtek, Tehachapi, California; Aurora E Enriquez, Bozeman, Montana; Morgan D Sandstrom, Centerville, Ohio.
WAI Instrument Certificate Scholarship ($5,000 each): Melissa Diaz Cooper, Kailua, Hawaii; Shana Bartell, Cedar City, Utah; Maria Hall, Kerrville, Texas.
WAI CFI Certificate Scholarship ($3,000 each): Lauren Lynn Sherrick, Racine, Wisconsin; Sarah Corbin, Anchorage, Alaska.
WAI CFII Rating Scholarship ($5,000): Trimbi M. Szabo, Broomfield, Colorado.
WAI Multi Engine Rating Scholarship ($3,000 each): Morgan M. Gillespie, Prescott, Arizona; Gabrielle F. Palmas, Phoenix, Arizona; Theodore W. Johnson, Ypsilanti, Michigan; Meira Leonard, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician Scholarship ($5,000 each): Erin Walling, Beavercreek, Ohio; Jodie A. Gawthrop, Westfield, Indiana.
“As always, we’re grateful to the generous companies and individuals who participate by their contributions to our scholarship program,” says WAI President Peggy Chabrian. “These donors literally change the lives of our members and help guide them on a clear path to a career in aviation.”
Scholarships that will be awarded at the 2020 International Women in Aviation Conference to be held from March 5-7, 2020, in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, will be announced and posted at wai.org/scholarships by July 1, 2019.
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation