Through a donor who wishes to be anonymous, Women in Aviation International has awarded an additional $73,000 in 17 individual scholarships to be put toward flight and aviation maintenance training. These scholarships winners are:
WAI Private Pilot Scholarship ($5,000 each): Madison Coutu, Toronto, Ontario; Kourtnie A Robin, Slidell, Louisiana; Rachel A Obajtek, Tehachapi, California; Aurora E Enriquez, Bozeman, Montana; Morgan D Sandstrom, Centerville, Ohio.
WAI Instrument Certificate Scholarship ($5,000 each): Melissa Diaz Cooper, Kailua, Hawaii; Shana Bartell, Cedar City, Utah; Maria Hall, Kerrville, Texas.
WAI CFI Certificate Scholarship ($3,000 each): Lauren Lynn Sherrick, Racine, Wisconsin; Sarah Corbin, Anchorage, Alaska.
WAI CFII Rating Scholarship ($5,000): Trimbi M. Szabo, Broomfield, Colorado.
WAI Multi Engine Rating Scholarship ($3,000 each): Morgan M. Gillespie, Prescott, Arizona; Gabrielle F. Palmas, Phoenix, Arizona; Theodore W. Johnson, Ypsilanti, Michigan; Meira Leonard, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician Scholarship ($5,000 each): Erin Walling, Beavercreek, Ohio; Jodie A. Gawthrop, Westfield, Indiana.
“As always, we’re grateful to the generous companies and individuals who participate by their contributions to our scholarship program,” says WAI President Peggy Chabrian. “These donors literally change the lives of our members and help guide them on a clear path to a career in aviation.”
Scholarships that will be awarded at the 2020 International Women in Aviation Conference to be held from March 5-7, 2020, in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, will be announced and posted at wai.org/scholarships by July 1, 2019.
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham