Shell Australia and CHC Helicopter Australia have announced the continuation of their successful partnership providing helicopter transportation services to the Prelude FLNG facility in the Browse Basin.
PERTH, AUSTRALIA, June 19, 2019 – Shell Australia and CHC Helicopter Australia have announced the continuation of their successful partnership providing helicopter transportation services to the Prelude FLNG facility in the Browse Basin. The new agreement continues CHC’s six-year relationship with Shell in this monumental project development.
CHC will provide Sikorsky S-92 helicopters and crews for daily passenger transport and emergency flights between the Broome base and the Shell Prelude project, which is located approximately 475km north north-east of Broome in Western Australia’s Kimberley region. Refuelling between Broome International Airport and Prelude will take place at Djarindjin Airport, which is owned and operated by the local Djarindjin Aboriginal Community.
CHC Regional Director for the Asia Pacific Vince D’Rozario is proud of the relationship developed between Shell Australia and CHC and that this will be continuing.
“We are humbled that Shell has once again chosen CHC to be its partner as Prelude moves into the critical production phase,” said D’Rozario. “During the past six years, we have transported more than 50,000 passengers, and accrued over 10,000 flight hours while maintaining excellent safety and aircraft availability.
“In fact, we are very proud to have received the highest safety rating by Shell’s internal auditors, an unprecedented achievement. We have seen more than 1000 days at Goal Zero and been recognized with numerous customer safety awards, all of which is testament to the teamwork and ongoing commitment of both Shell and CHC to do no harm to our people, the community or the environment. We are committed to continuing our partnership and further developing our safe, high-quality operation to Prelude.”
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual