Shell Australia and CHC Helicopter Australia have announced the continuation of their successful partnership providing helicopter transportation services to the Prelude FLNG facility in the Browse Basin.
PERTH, AUSTRALIA, June 19, 2019 – Shell Australia and CHC Helicopter Australia have announced the continuation of their successful partnership providing helicopter transportation services to the Prelude FLNG facility in the Browse Basin. The new agreement continues CHC’s six-year relationship with Shell in this monumental project development.
CHC will provide Sikorsky S-92 helicopters and crews for daily passenger transport and emergency flights between the Broome base and the Shell Prelude project, which is located approximately 475km north north-east of Broome in Western Australia’s Kimberley region. Refuelling between Broome International Airport and Prelude will take place at Djarindjin Airport, which is owned and operated by the local Djarindjin Aboriginal Community.
CHC Regional Director for the Asia Pacific Vince D’Rozario is proud of the relationship developed between Shell Australia and CHC and that this will be continuing.
“We are humbled that Shell has once again chosen CHC to be its partner as Prelude moves into the critical production phase,” said D’Rozario. “During the past six years, we have transported more than 50,000 passengers, and accrued over 10,000 flight hours while maintaining excellent safety and aircraft availability.
“In fact, we are very proud to have received the highest safety rating by Shell’s internal auditors, an unprecedented achievement. We have seen more than 1000 days at Goal Zero and been recognized with numerous customer safety awards, all of which is testament to the teamwork and ongoing commitment of both Shell and CHC to do no harm to our people, the community or the environment. We are committed to continuing our partnership and further developing our safe, high-quality operation to Prelude.”
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award