Shell Australia and CHC Helicopter Australia have announced the continuation of their successful partnership providing helicopter transportation services to the Prelude FLNG facility in the Browse Basin.
PERTH, AUSTRALIA, June 19, 2019 – Shell Australia and CHC Helicopter Australia have announced the continuation of their successful partnership providing helicopter transportation services to the Prelude FLNG facility in the Browse Basin. The new agreement continues CHC’s six-year relationship with Shell in this monumental project development.
CHC will provide Sikorsky S-92 helicopters and crews for daily passenger transport and emergency flights between the Broome base and the Shell Prelude project, which is located approximately 475km north north-east of Broome in Western Australia’s Kimberley region. Refuelling between Broome International Airport and Prelude will take place at Djarindjin Airport, which is owned and operated by the local Djarindjin Aboriginal Community.
CHC Regional Director for the Asia Pacific Vince D’Rozario is proud of the relationship developed between Shell Australia and CHC and that this will be continuing.
“We are humbled that Shell has once again chosen CHC to be its partner as Prelude moves into the critical production phase,” said D’Rozario. “During the past six years, we have transported more than 50,000 passengers, and accrued over 10,000 flight hours while maintaining excellent safety and aircraft availability.
“In fact, we are very proud to have received the highest safety rating by Shell’s internal auditors, an unprecedented achievement. We have seen more than 1000 days at Goal Zero and been recognized with numerous customer safety awards, all of which is testament to the teamwork and ongoing commitment of both Shell and CHC to do no harm to our people, the community or the environment. We are committed to continuing our partnership and further developing our safe, high-quality operation to Prelude.”
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham