Leonardo announced that the new generation AW169 light intermediate helicopter is set to be introduced into offshore operations in Africa with Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia. The aircraft, now delivered from Leonardo’s facility in Vergiate, Italy, will support the offshore oil & gas industry in Equatorial Guinea.
Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia is the world’s first customer to introduce the entire AWFamily range of products – AW169, AW139, AW189 – into operations. This places Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia in a unique, leading position to deliver its customers unprecedented levels of mission versatility, fleet management efficiency, state-of-the-art technology and capabilities.
“The partnership between Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia and Leonardo has been a key factor in Weststar’s overseas business expansion. The AW169, AW139 and AW189 are the most successful new generation models in their class worldwide, and the most demanded helicopter types in the oil & gas industry” said Tan Sri Dr. Syed Azman Syed Ibrahim, Group Managing Director of The Weststar Group.
Since its establishment in 2003, Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia has grown to become one of the global key players in the offshore helicopter industry. To date, Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia operates over 35 AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters out of its bases in Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia, becoming one of the largest commercial operators of Leonardo helicopters. There are now nearly 60 Leonardo helicopters in Malaysia, and a regional Customer Support and Training hub at Subang Airport near Kuala Lumpur. Leonardo plans to increase its presence even further in the future by expanding the services offered. In Asia the AWFamily of new generation helicopters has found success for a number of missions including offshore transport, VIP/passenger transport, EMS/SAR, disaster relief, firefighting, law enforcement, utility and electronic news gathering.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification