Leonardo announced that the new generation AW169 light intermediate helicopter is set to be introduced into offshore operations in Africa with Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia. The aircraft, now delivered from Leonardo’s facility in Vergiate, Italy, will support the offshore oil & gas industry in Equatorial Guinea.
Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia is the world’s first customer to introduce the entire AWFamily range of products – AW169, AW139, AW189 – into operations. This places Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia in a unique, leading position to deliver its customers unprecedented levels of mission versatility, fleet management efficiency, state-of-the-art technology and capabilities.
“The partnership between Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia and Leonardo has been a key factor in Weststar’s overseas business expansion. The AW169, AW139 and AW189 are the most successful new generation models in their class worldwide, and the most demanded helicopter types in the oil & gas industry” said Tan Sri Dr. Syed Azman Syed Ibrahim, Group Managing Director of The Weststar Group.
Since its establishment in 2003, Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia has grown to become one of the global key players in the offshore helicopter industry. To date, Weststar Aviation Services Malaysia operates over 35 AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters out of its bases in Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia, becoming one of the largest commercial operators of Leonardo helicopters. There are now nearly 60 Leonardo helicopters in Malaysia, and a regional Customer Support and Training hub at Subang Airport near Kuala Lumpur. Leonardo plans to increase its presence even further in the future by expanding the services offered. In Asia the AWFamily of new generation helicopters has found success for a number of missions including offshore transport, VIP/passenger transport, EMS/SAR, disaster relief, firefighting, law enforcement, utility and electronic news gathering.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS