As a leading completion center for the EC135/H135, Metro Aviation became the first to STC a medical interior for Airbus’ H135 T3H variant with Helionix. Outfitted for STAT MedEvac, the STC includes aspects of Metro’s standard air medical package with equipment standardized and modernized to match the program’s existing fleet of aircraft.
The two-decade-long relationship between Metro and STAT MedEvac began making groundbreaking strides in the industry with the EC135 in 1997. Now, the partnership hopes to showcase how the sleek aircraft can continue to command the skies with its gentle noise footprint.
The H135 family of helicopters tout versatility and endurance. Additionally, the spacious interior and abundant payload capacity is perfect for an EMS configuration. Metro’s STC allows air medical customers to transport critical care patients safely and efficiently. Features like clamshell doors and ambulance-like loading systems make that possible. Plus, STAT Medevac’s configuration accommodates a care team of up to three medical personnel.
The aircraft joins a fleet of 17 helicopters, all outfitted with the latest in aviation technology.
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales