As a leading completion center for the EC135/H135, Metro Aviation became the first to STC a medical interior for Airbus’ H135 T3H variant with Helionix. Outfitted for STAT MedEvac, the STC includes aspects of Metro’s standard air medical package with equipment standardized and modernized to match the program’s existing fleet of aircraft.
The two-decade-long relationship between Metro and STAT MedEvac began making groundbreaking strides in the industry with the EC135 in 1997. Now, the partnership hopes to showcase how the sleek aircraft can continue to command the skies with its gentle noise footprint.
The H135 family of helicopters tout versatility and endurance. Additionally, the spacious interior and abundant payload capacity is perfect for an EMS configuration. Metro’s STC allows air medical customers to transport critical care patients safely and efficiently. Features like clamshell doors and ambulance-like loading systems make that possible. Plus, STAT Medevac’s configuration accommodates a care team of up to three medical personnel.
The aircraft joins a fleet of 17 helicopters, all outfitted with the latest in aviation technology.
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs