The Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) and an Austrian company Air Ambulance Technology signed a cooperation agreement. The parties agreed on joint development and Russian certification of the medical module which may be installed on Ansat helicopters.
The document was signed by Director General of Russian Helicopters Holding Company Andrey Boginsky and managing director of Air Ambulance Technology Nicole Kuntner-Hudson during the international aerospace exhibition Paris Air Show 2019.
“We are pleased to announce the start of cooperation with Air Ambulance Technology and we hope that this will be long-term and fruitful work. Creation of the new medical module which meets international standards for medical aviation will allow the holding company to expand the pool of potential customers, including European companies. We expect that installation of such equipment will help Ansat get a certificate of the European Union Aviation Safety Agency”, said Director General of Russian Helicopters Andrey Boginsky after the ceremony to mark signing of the agreement.
The light multi-purpose helicopter Ansat, which has the largest cabin within its class, is actively used by the Russian air medical services. This twin-engine helicopter is compact, and it does not require a large landing area. It can also be used for passenger and VIP transport, cargo delivery and environmental monitoring. High-altitude tests of Ansat have been successfully completed, which confirmed the possibility of its operation in mountainous terrain at altitudes up to 3,500 meters. The helicopter can be operated in a temperature range between -45 and +50 degrees Celsius. The possibility of keeping the helicopter out of the hangar and low cost of operation are its significant advantages.
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs