With new scholarships being posted weekly, WAI is ready to accept applications for dozens of scholarships. Currently, there are 85 scholarships offered for flight training, scholastic study, maintenance training, and a variety of scholarships for individuals in all stages of life. Internships are also being offered. Additional scholarships will be added in the coming weeks and months, and applicants are encouraged to check for new scholarships often. Applicants may apply for up to 3 scholarships per year.
“When you think of scholarships, high school and college students come to mind,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Of course, we have scholarships for them, and we also have scholarships for people who are mid-career, those nearing or in retirement, and for those looking to explore what aviation offers.”
In 2019, $948,500 of scholarships funds were awarded, which includes an additional $73,000 in June from an anonymous contributor. That brings the total dollar value of WAI scholarships since its inception to more than $12 million.
The 2020 scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s 2020 conference, held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, from March 5-7, 2020. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must be a WAI member as of November 1, 2019. The deadline for 2020 scholarships is November 12, 2019.
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures