With new scholarships being posted weekly, WAI is ready to accept applications for dozens of scholarships. Currently, there are 85 scholarships offered for flight training, scholastic study, maintenance training, and a variety of scholarships for individuals in all stages of life. Internships are also being offered. Additional scholarships will be added in the coming weeks and months, and applicants are encouraged to check for new scholarships often. Applicants may apply for up to 3 scholarships per year.
“When you think of scholarships, high school and college students come to mind,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Of course, we have scholarships for them, and we also have scholarships for people who are mid-career, those nearing or in retirement, and for those looking to explore what aviation offers.”
In 2019, $948,500 of scholarships funds were awarded, which includes an additional $73,000 in June from an anonymous contributor. That brings the total dollar value of WAI scholarships since its inception to more than $12 million.
The 2020 scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s 2020 conference, held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, from March 5-7, 2020. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must be a WAI member as of November 1, 2019. The deadline for 2020 scholarships is November 12, 2019.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s