With new scholarships being posted weekly, WAI is ready to accept applications for dozens of scholarships. Currently, there are 85 scholarships offered for flight training, scholastic study, maintenance training, and a variety of scholarships for individuals in all stages of life. Internships are also being offered. Additional scholarships will be added in the coming weeks and months, and applicants are encouraged to check for new scholarships often. Applicants may apply for up to 3 scholarships per year.
“When you think of scholarships, high school and college students come to mind,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Of course, we have scholarships for them, and we also have scholarships for people who are mid-career, those nearing or in retirement, and for those looking to explore what aviation offers.”
In 2019, $948,500 of scholarships funds were awarded, which includes an additional $73,000 in June from an anonymous contributor. That brings the total dollar value of WAI scholarships since its inception to more than $12 million.
The 2020 scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s 2020 conference, held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, from March 5-7, 2020. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must be a WAI member as of November 1, 2019. The deadline for 2020 scholarships is November 12, 2019.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award