Leonardo has announced to have recently signed a contract for two AW169 light intermediate helicopters with helicopter service provider NHV Group. The aircraft, expected to be delivered between 2019 and 2020, will be used by NHV to perform offshore transport operations in UK and North Sea area.
This latest order brings the total number of AW169s purchased by NHV Group to five, with the first three aircraft already in service in Norway for harbor pilot shuttle duties with NHV’s subsidiary Airlift AS. The contract also marks the entry of the new generation AW169 helicopter type into the European crew change offshore market following the rapidly growing success for emergency medical service and VIP/corporate and private transport.
With offshore and onshore operations in Europe and West Africa, NHV Group delivers a range of services including Oil&Gas support, EMS/SAR, transport and aerial works. Already being an established AW139 operator for longer range and higher capacity offshore missions, with the AW169 NHV Group is now expanding its fleet of Leonardo helicopters supporting the Oil&Gas industry with latest generation technology.
The only new generation light intermediate twin engine helicopter in the market in nearly 40 years, the AW169 design and versatility is demonstrating extremely successful across geographies with orders for over 200 units from more than 80 customers in over 30 nations to date. More than 70 aircraft are in service worldwide. In Norther Europe, in addition to passenger transport and rescue tasks, the AW169 has also been chosen for windfarm support and law enforcement.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS