Leonardo has announced to have recently signed a contract for two AW169 light intermediate helicopters with helicopter service provider NHV Group. The aircraft, expected to be delivered between 2019 and 2020, will be used by NHV to perform offshore transport operations in UK and North Sea area.
This latest order brings the total number of AW169s purchased by NHV Group to five, with the first three aircraft already in service in Norway for harbor pilot shuttle duties with NHV’s subsidiary Airlift AS. The contract also marks the entry of the new generation AW169 helicopter type into the European crew change offshore market following the rapidly growing success for emergency medical service and VIP/corporate and private transport.
With offshore and onshore operations in Europe and West Africa, NHV Group delivers a range of services including Oil&Gas support, EMS/SAR, transport and aerial works. Already being an established AW139 operator for longer range and higher capacity offshore missions, with the AW169 NHV Group is now expanding its fleet of Leonardo helicopters supporting the Oil&Gas industry with latest generation technology.
The only new generation light intermediate twin engine helicopter in the market in nearly 40 years, the AW169 design and versatility is demonstrating extremely successful across geographies with orders for over 200 units from more than 80 customers in over 30 nations to date. More than 70 aircraft are in service worldwide. In Norther Europe, in addition to passenger transport and rescue tasks, the AW169 has also been chosen for windfarm support and law enforcement.
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- The Cabri G2 received its validation from Russia
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands