Leonardo has announced to have recently signed a contract for two AW169 light intermediate helicopters with helicopter service provider NHV Group. The aircraft, expected to be delivered between 2019 and 2020, will be used by NHV to perform offshore transport operations in UK and North Sea area.
This latest order brings the total number of AW169s purchased by NHV Group to five, with the first three aircraft already in service in Norway for harbor pilot shuttle duties with NHV’s subsidiary Airlift AS. The contract also marks the entry of the new generation AW169 helicopter type into the European crew change offshore market following the rapidly growing success for emergency medical service and VIP/corporate and private transport.
With offshore and onshore operations in Europe and West Africa, NHV Group delivers a range of services including Oil&Gas support, EMS/SAR, transport and aerial works. Already being an established AW139 operator for longer range and higher capacity offshore missions, with the AW169 NHV Group is now expanding its fleet of Leonardo helicopters supporting the Oil&Gas industry with latest generation technology.
The only new generation light intermediate twin engine helicopter in the market in nearly 40 years, the AW169 design and versatility is demonstrating extremely successful across geographies with orders for over 200 units from more than 80 customers in over 30 nations to date. More than 70 aircraft are in service worldwide. In Norther Europe, in addition to passenger transport and rescue tasks, the AW169 has also been chosen for windfarm support and law enforcement.
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers