SEI Industries and Eagle Copters South America hosted a BAMBI MAX Aerial Firefighting System information session which was followed by a demonstration using a Bell 407 supplied by AeroMAX. The simulations included filling the BAMBI MAX with water from a collapsible and self-supporting FireFlex Pumpkin Tank, also manufactured by SEI Industries.
“The BAMBI MAX features a lightweight, low power draw, efficient multiple-drop valve that maximizes the bucket load throughout the fuel cycle,” explains Sergio Fukamati, director of SEI’s Aerial Firefighting Division. “The standard BAMBI Bucket has evolved over the years and now the BAMBI MAX is the most advanced bucket system available for the fight against wildfires.”
The BAMBI MAX is available in 14 different models, each one with a different weight and capacity for water, retardant or foam. The BAMBI MAX Bucket capacities range from 180 US gallons (680 litres) to 2590 US gallons (9800 liters) and many are available with options such as the PowerFill Snorkel, PowerFill Max and Sacksafoam.
The legendary BAMBI bucket is now used in more than 115 countries around the world by more than 1000 helicopter operators.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics