SEI Industries and Eagle Copters South America hosted a BAMBI MAX Aerial Firefighting System information session which was followed by a demonstration using a Bell 407 supplied by AeroMAX. The simulations included filling the BAMBI MAX with water from a collapsible and self-supporting FireFlex Pumpkin Tank, also manufactured by SEI Industries.
“The BAMBI MAX features a lightweight, low power draw, efficient multiple-drop valve that maximizes the bucket load throughout the fuel cycle,” explains Sergio Fukamati, director of SEI’s Aerial Firefighting Division. “The standard BAMBI Bucket has evolved over the years and now the BAMBI MAX is the most advanced bucket system available for the fight against wildfires.”
The BAMBI MAX is available in 14 different models, each one with a different weight and capacity for water, retardant or foam. The BAMBI MAX Bucket capacities range from 180 US gallons (680 litres) to 2590 US gallons (9800 liters) and many are available with options such as the PowerFill Snorkel, PowerFill Max and Sacksafoam.
The legendary BAMBI bucket is now used in more than 115 countries around the world by more than 1000 helicopter operators.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad