Airbus announced that Romain Trapp has been appointed President of Airbus Helicopters Inc., and Head of the North America Region for helicopters. He succeeds Chris Emerson, who is assuming the role of President of Airbus Defense and Space, Inc.
Trapp brings a broad experience within Airbus, having worked for the company for nearly two decades, including 11 years in North America. He first served as CFO of Airbus Helicopters Inc., out of Grand Prairie, Texas, beginning in 2008. He became Airbus Helicopters Inc.’s Chief Operating Officer in 2016, and has also been President of Airbus Helicopters Canada since 2013.
“Romain brings a keen understanding of the North American helicopter market, and I could not think of anyone better suited to take on this role than someone who has led such a diverse range of our U.S. and Canadian activities for so long,” said Bruno Even, CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “I am confident he will continue to support our customers and grow our business in the world’s largest in-service helicopter market.”
“Airbus is the leading provider of helicopters in this region, with more than 70% commercial market share and a large – and growing – customer base,” said Jeff Knittel, CEO of Airbus Americas. “Romain will carry on the exemplary customer experience that our clients have come to expect, and we look forward to supporting him as he continues to elevate our brand in North America.”
Trapp began his Airbus career in 1999 and has held various positions in finance, program management and general management throughout Germany, France, Canada and the U.S. He is a graduate of the Ecole Normale Supérieure in France and the Stanford Executive Program in the United States. He is married and has two grown sons.
“I am proud to work with the highly skilled men and women who build and support Airbus helicopters here in North America, and honored by the confidence the Airbus leadership has in me to lead this team,” Trapp said.
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation