Airbus announced that Romain Trapp has been appointed President of Airbus Helicopters Inc., and Head of the North America Region for helicopters. He succeeds Chris Emerson, who is assuming the role of President of Airbus Defense and Space, Inc.
Trapp brings a broad experience within Airbus, having worked for the company for nearly two decades, including 11 years in North America. He first served as CFO of Airbus Helicopters Inc., out of Grand Prairie, Texas, beginning in 2008. He became Airbus Helicopters Inc.’s Chief Operating Officer in 2016, and has also been President of Airbus Helicopters Canada since 2013.
“Romain brings a keen understanding of the North American helicopter market, and I could not think of anyone better suited to take on this role than someone who has led such a diverse range of our U.S. and Canadian activities for so long,” said Bruno Even, CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “I am confident he will continue to support our customers and grow our business in the world’s largest in-service helicopter market.”
“Airbus is the leading provider of helicopters in this region, with more than 70% commercial market share and a large – and growing – customer base,” said Jeff Knittel, CEO of Airbus Americas. “Romain will carry on the exemplary customer experience that our clients have come to expect, and we look forward to supporting him as he continues to elevate our brand in North America.”
Trapp began his Airbus career in 1999 and has held various positions in finance, program management and general management throughout Germany, France, Canada and the U.S. He is a graduate of the Ecole Normale Supérieure in France and the Stanford Executive Program in the United States. He is married and has two grown sons.
“I am proud to work with the highly skilled men and women who build and support Airbus helicopters here in North America, and honored by the confidence the Airbus leadership has in me to lead this team,” Trapp said.
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham