Leonardo announced that its new Gulf of Mexico Helicopter Support Center has now achieved full operational capability. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) authorized the Company’s new Part 145 Gulf of Mexico Support Center, allowing the 21,000 square foot facility in Broussard, Louisiana to provide full helicopter blade repair, spare parts, and technical support to customers across the Americas.
The facility has been partially operational since January 2019 providing customers with spare parts and around the clock support. Now with FAA approval, the facility is fully operational and able to service rotor blades for all AW109, AW119, and AW139 models.
The Gulf of Mexico Support Center is evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding material and technical assistance across the Americas, where over 700 Leonardo helicopters are in service, and aligns with Company’s Industrial Plan aimed at strengthening the level of service worldwide. The North American fleet has doubled in the last ten years while demand for Leonardo helicopters in Latin America has grown to include both established and popular models as well as all news types for VIP/corporate, offshore and public services.
Additional Leonardo Helicopters Support Centers in the Americas are located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Las Vegas, Nevada; and São Paulo, Brazil.
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation