Lease Corporation International (LCI), the leading helicopter lessor and aviation division of the Libra Group, is growing the breadth of industry talent and experience within its organisation with the appointment of Mark Stevens and Alejandro Kerschen to its advisory board.
The board, which was first established in 2013, is made up of senior industry executives with long and proven track records in the helicopter and other related industries. It advises LCI’s senior management team on its long term strategy, business performance, and major developments such as aircraft acquisitions and placements.
Mark Stevens previously served as Managing Director of Shell Aircraft, with responsibility for the safe delivery of the Shell Oil Group’s global aviation operation comprising 100 fixed and rotary-wing aircraft operating in 26 countries. Prior to joining Shell, he served as an engineering officer in the Royal Air Force where he undertook a wide range of operational and staff roles. His final RAF appointment was Director Logistic Support (Air) where he managed a team of 500 that provided technical consultancy and direct aviation engineering support to the Army, Navy and RAF.
Alejandro Kerschen is the Founder and Managing Partner of Atlantic Alliance, which provides corporate finance advice, capital markets solutions, research, market intelligence and business development services. He has over 30 years’ experience working with asset managers, financial institutions, corporations, private banks, independent wealth managers and family offices. He was previously Managing Director of SEI Investments – a leading asset management and financial technology firm – and has also held positions at Paribas, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of LCI, says: “We are delighted that Mark and Alejandro have agreed to join our advisory board. Their longstanding industry experience and proven track records make them valuable additions to our Advisory Team.”
LCI’s advisory board, which is unique in the helicopter leasing sector, consists of a number of senior industry executives. These include Angelo Raimondi, formerly Vice President, International Sales at AgustaWestland with over 45 years’ experience in the helicopter, flight simulator and aircraft services sectors.
David Simpson, an experienced helicopter pilot with over 40 years’ experience, was responsible for all Search and Rescue operations in England and Wales, and was subsequently Director of Flying at Ministry of Defence responsible for all non-front line flying activity, before joining Lockheed Martin.
Ken Carter has over 40 years experience in aviation, helicopters and with OEMs. He was previously the senior sales executive at Airbus Helicopters for Oil and Gas markets, and has substantial experience in helicopter contract negotiations.
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under management, is focused on the latest technology light-twin, medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation