Lease Corporation International (LCI), the leading helicopter lessor and aviation division of the Libra Group, has successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter financing facility in excess of US$75 million.
The new facility, led by CaixaBank along with a consortium of financial institutions, was arranged by National Westminster Bank Plc as part of an oversubscribed financing, and will be used to support the continuing growth of LCI’s helicopter fleet for civilian use.
The new arrangement is CaixaBank’s first with LCI, and follows the successful closing of a similar facility earlier this year with Close Brothers Aviation and Marine.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, says: “LCI’s sustained growth across multiple sectors in geographic markets around the globe is proving an attractive proposition for our financial partners, and this was recognised in the oversubscribed demand for this new asset-backed facility.”
“We’re delighted to be working with CaixaBank and the consortium to help drive the growth of our fleet of next generation helicopters, whose efficiency and reliability is proving popular with the many civilian helicopter operators to whom we lease them.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under management, is focused on the latest technology light-twin, medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight