Lease Corporation International (LCI), the leading helicopter lessor and aviation division of the Libra Group, has successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter financing facility in excess of US$75 million.
The new facility, led by CaixaBank along with a consortium of financial institutions, was arranged by National Westminster Bank Plc as part of an oversubscribed financing, and will be used to support the continuing growth of LCI’s helicopter fleet for civilian use.
The new arrangement is CaixaBank’s first with LCI, and follows the successful closing of a similar facility earlier this year with Close Brothers Aviation and Marine.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, says: “LCI’s sustained growth across multiple sectors in geographic markets around the globe is proving an attractive proposition for our financial partners, and this was recognised in the oversubscribed demand for this new asset-backed facility.”
“We’re delighted to be working with CaixaBank and the consortium to help drive the growth of our fleet of next generation helicopters, whose efficiency and reliability is proving popular with the many civilian helicopter operators to whom we lease them.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under management, is focused on the latest technology light-twin, medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software