Lease Corporation International (LCI), the leading helicopter lessor and aviation division of the Libra Group, has successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter financing facility in excess of US$75 million.
The new facility, led by CaixaBank along with a consortium of financial institutions, was arranged by National Westminster Bank Plc as part of an oversubscribed financing, and will be used to support the continuing growth of LCI’s helicopter fleet for civilian use.
The new arrangement is CaixaBank’s first with LCI, and follows the successful closing of a similar facility earlier this year with Close Brothers Aviation and Marine.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, says: “LCI’s sustained growth across multiple sectors in geographic markets around the globe is proving an attractive proposition for our financial partners, and this was recognised in the oversubscribed demand for this new asset-backed facility.”
“We’re delighted to be working with CaixaBank and the consortium to help drive the growth of our fleet of next generation helicopters, whose efficiency and reliability is proving popular with the many civilian helicopter operators to whom we lease them.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under management, is focused on the latest technology light-twin, medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad