DRF Luftrettung has set itself high standards for its daily work in the rescue of human lives in emergencies – both in the medical and in the flight operations sectors. The European Aeromedical Institute (EURAMI) has now confirmed that these high standards have been meticulously adhered to. The independent organisation has awarded the certificate bearing its name to DRF Luftrettung in the Rotary Wing and Intercontinental Fixed Wing categories.
The EURAMI certification focuses on medical criteria in helicopter and ambulance flight operations. However, topics such as safety, aviation and employee management as well as the ethos of the company are also evaluated. The accreditation was granted to DRF Luftrettung for the provision of intensive care to adults, children and newborns in the ambulance flight operations category. The non-profit organisation is now certified for intensive care transport helicopters (ITH), emergency medical care using helicopters and extended intensive care for adults.
“We are receiving an increasing number of requests from international customers for EURAMI accreditation in ambulance flight operations. The increasing importance of the certificate can also be demonstrated in the ITH sector,” says Michael Zürn, Head of Quality Management at DRF Luftrettung. “Certification is therefore an important competitive argument for us. Now we can show that we consistently implement the standards defined for our work in emergency rescue.”
The EURAMI certificate verifies accuracy and diligence in daily routine: The air rescue teams dressed in red and white consistently achieved the highest scores, confirming the quality of their medical care. There are only a few providers in Europe who have this certificate for ambulance aircraft and helicopters in primary and secondary missions.
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil