DRF Luftrettung has set itself high standards for its daily work in the rescue of human lives in emergencies – both in the medical and in the flight operations sectors. The European Aeromedical Institute (EURAMI) has now confirmed that these high standards have been meticulously adhered to. The independent organisation has awarded the certificate bearing its name to DRF Luftrettung in the Rotary Wing and Intercontinental Fixed Wing categories.
The EURAMI certification focuses on medical criteria in helicopter and ambulance flight operations. However, topics such as safety, aviation and employee management as well as the ethos of the company are also evaluated. The accreditation was granted to DRF Luftrettung for the provision of intensive care to adults, children and newborns in the ambulance flight operations category. The non-profit organisation is now certified for intensive care transport helicopters (ITH), emergency medical care using helicopters and extended intensive care for adults.
“We are receiving an increasing number of requests from international customers for EURAMI accreditation in ambulance flight operations. The increasing importance of the certificate can also be demonstrated in the ITH sector,” says Michael Zürn, Head of Quality Management at DRF Luftrettung. “Certification is therefore an important competitive argument for us. Now we can show that we consistently implement the standards defined for our work in emergency rescue.”
The EURAMI certificate verifies accuracy and diligence in daily routine: The air rescue teams dressed in red and white consistently achieved the highest scores, confirming the quality of their medical care. There are only a few providers in Europe who have this certificate for ambulance aircraft and helicopters in primary and secondary missions.
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI