Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. (CSE: SNA) (CSE: SNA.CN) (OTCQB: SNAVF) (“Star” or the “Company”) announces that the Company has entered into a multi-pronged cooperation agreement with Airmedic Inc., consisting of the integration of Star’s STAR-ISAMM™ System into the operations of Airmedic’s expanding helicopter and fixed-wing based Emergency Medical System (“EMS”) services.
The parties will subsequently extend their cooperation to the STAR-LSAMM™ System for ground ambulances, eventually providing a complete and seamless electronic medical transport system.
Star and Airmedic will be offering the STAR-ISAMM™ System as part of the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) system. STAR-ISAMM™ interfaces with existing bio-medical monitoring equipment on-board. It securely transmits the patients’ vital signs and other critical information directly to receiving hospital physicians, while at the same time providing tracking, location, and Estimated Time of Arrival of the vehicle. The patient, upon arrival at the aircraft, becomes part of the care environment, well before reaching the hospital.
J-L Larmor, V.P. Corporate Development at Star, said:
“The STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™ Systems provide a unique opportunity to increase the efficiency and quality of EMS services over vast regions, as well as locally, whether air- or ground-based. We are extremely happy to enter into this new collaboration with an experienced and innovative airborne EMS specialist. In addition, the growing Airmedic fleet is based on excellent aircraft and helicopters that play a major role in the EMS market sector.”
About Star Navigation:
Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. owns the exclusive worldwide license to its proprietary, patented In-flight Safety Monitoring System, STAR-ISMS®, the heart of the STAR-A.D.S. ® and of the STAR-ISAMM™ Systems. Its real-time capability of tracking performance trends and predicting incident-occurrence enhances aviation safety and improves fleet management while reducing costs for the operator.
Stars’ M.M.I. Division designs and manufactures high performance, mission critical, flight deck flat panel displays for defence and commercial aviation industries worldwide. These displays are found on aircraft and simulators, from C-130 aircraft, to Sikorsky and Agusta Westland helicopters, as examples.
Stars’ subsidiary, Star-Isoneo Inc., is a specialised software firm, developing complex solutions in engineering, simulation and development for Canadian customers. Star-Isoneo works closely with Star in the development of the Company’s MEDEVAC (STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™) applications of the patented STAR-A.D.S. ® technology, and on its current R&D program with Bombardier.
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service