Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. (CSE: SNA) (CSE: SNA.CN) (OTCQB: SNAVF) (“Star” or the “Company”) announces that the Company has entered into a multi-pronged cooperation agreement with Airmedic Inc., consisting of the integration of Star’s STAR-ISAMM™ System into the operations of Airmedic’s expanding helicopter and fixed-wing based Emergency Medical System (“EMS”) services.
The parties will subsequently extend their cooperation to the STAR-LSAMM™ System for ground ambulances, eventually providing a complete and seamless electronic medical transport system.
Star and Airmedic will be offering the STAR-ISAMM™ System as part of the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) system. STAR-ISAMM™ interfaces with existing bio-medical monitoring equipment on-board. It securely transmits the patients’ vital signs and other critical information directly to receiving hospital physicians, while at the same time providing tracking, location, and Estimated Time of Arrival of the vehicle. The patient, upon arrival at the aircraft, becomes part of the care environment, well before reaching the hospital.
J-L Larmor, V.P. Corporate Development at Star, said:
“The STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™ Systems provide a unique opportunity to increase the efficiency and quality of EMS services over vast regions, as well as locally, whether air- or ground-based. We are extremely happy to enter into this new collaboration with an experienced and innovative airborne EMS specialist. In addition, the growing Airmedic fleet is based on excellent aircraft and helicopters that play a major role in the EMS market sector.”
About Star Navigation:
Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. owns the exclusive worldwide license to its proprietary, patented In-flight Safety Monitoring System, STAR-ISMS®, the heart of the STAR-A.D.S. ® and of the STAR-ISAMM™ Systems. Its real-time capability of tracking performance trends and predicting incident-occurrence enhances aviation safety and improves fleet management while reducing costs for the operator.
Stars’ M.M.I. Division designs and manufactures high performance, mission critical, flight deck flat panel displays for defence and commercial aviation industries worldwide. These displays are found on aircraft and simulators, from C-130 aircraft, to Sikorsky and Agusta Westland helicopters, as examples.
Stars’ subsidiary, Star-Isoneo Inc., is a specialised software firm, developing complex solutions in engineering, simulation and development for Canadian customers. Star-Isoneo works closely with Star in the development of the Company’s MEDEVAC (STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™) applications of the patented STAR-A.D.S. ® technology, and on its current R&D program with Bombardier.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot