Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. (CSE: SNA) (CSE: SNA.CN) (OTCQB: SNAVF) (“Star” or the “Company”) announces that the Company has entered into a multi-pronged cooperation agreement with Airmedic Inc., consisting of the integration of Star’s STAR-ISAMM™ System into the operations of Airmedic’s expanding helicopter and fixed-wing based Emergency Medical System (“EMS”) services.
The parties will subsequently extend their cooperation to the STAR-LSAMM™ System for ground ambulances, eventually providing a complete and seamless electronic medical transport system.
Star and Airmedic will be offering the STAR-ISAMM™ System as part of the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) system. STAR-ISAMM™ interfaces with existing bio-medical monitoring equipment on-board. It securely transmits the patients’ vital signs and other critical information directly to receiving hospital physicians, while at the same time providing tracking, location, and Estimated Time of Arrival of the vehicle. The patient, upon arrival at the aircraft, becomes part of the care environment, well before reaching the hospital.
J-L Larmor, V.P. Corporate Development at Star, said:
“The STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™ Systems provide a unique opportunity to increase the efficiency and quality of EMS services over vast regions, as well as locally, whether air- or ground-based. We are extremely happy to enter into this new collaboration with an experienced and innovative airborne EMS specialist. In addition, the growing Airmedic fleet is based on excellent aircraft and helicopters that play a major role in the EMS market sector.”
About Star Navigation:
Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. owns the exclusive worldwide license to its proprietary, patented In-flight Safety Monitoring System, STAR-ISMS®, the heart of the STAR-A.D.S. ® and of the STAR-ISAMM™ Systems. Its real-time capability of tracking performance trends and predicting incident-occurrence enhances aviation safety and improves fleet management while reducing costs for the operator.
Stars’ M.M.I. Division designs and manufactures high performance, mission critical, flight deck flat panel displays for defence and commercial aviation industries worldwide. These displays are found on aircraft and simulators, from C-130 aircraft, to Sikorsky and Agusta Westland helicopters, as examples.
Stars’ subsidiary, Star-Isoneo Inc., is a specialised software firm, developing complex solutions in engineering, simulation and development for Canadian customers. Star-Isoneo works closely with Star in the development of the Company’s MEDEVAC (STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™) applications of the patented STAR-A.D.S. ® technology, and on its current R&D program with Bombardier.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation