Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. (CSE: SNA) (CSE: SNA.CN) (OTCQB: SNAVF) (“Star” or the “Company”) announces that the Company has entered into a multi-pronged cooperation agreement with Airmedic Inc., consisting of the integration of Star’s STAR-ISAMM™ System into the operations of Airmedic’s expanding helicopter and fixed-wing based Emergency Medical System (“EMS”) services.
The parties will subsequently extend their cooperation to the STAR-LSAMM™ System for ground ambulances, eventually providing a complete and seamless electronic medical transport system.
Star and Airmedic will be offering the STAR-ISAMM™ System as part of the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (“HEMS”) system. STAR-ISAMM™ interfaces with existing bio-medical monitoring equipment on-board. It securely transmits the patients’ vital signs and other critical information directly to receiving hospital physicians, while at the same time providing tracking, location, and Estimated Time of Arrival of the vehicle. The patient, upon arrival at the aircraft, becomes part of the care environment, well before reaching the hospital.
J-L Larmor, V.P. Corporate Development at Star, said:
“The STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™ Systems provide a unique opportunity to increase the efficiency and quality of EMS services over vast regions, as well as locally, whether air- or ground-based. We are extremely happy to enter into this new collaboration with an experienced and innovative airborne EMS specialist. In addition, the growing Airmedic fleet is based on excellent aircraft and helicopters that play a major role in the EMS market sector.”
About Star Navigation:
Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. owns the exclusive worldwide license to its proprietary, patented In-flight Safety Monitoring System, STAR-ISMS®, the heart of the STAR-A.D.S. ® and of the STAR-ISAMM™ Systems. Its real-time capability of tracking performance trends and predicting incident-occurrence enhances aviation safety and improves fleet management while reducing costs for the operator.
Stars’ M.M.I. Division designs and manufactures high performance, mission critical, flight deck flat panel displays for defence and commercial aviation industries worldwide. These displays are found on aircraft and simulators, from C-130 aircraft, to Sikorsky and Agusta Westland helicopters, as examples.
Stars’ subsidiary, Star-Isoneo Inc., is a specialised software firm, developing complex solutions in engineering, simulation and development for Canadian customers. Star-Isoneo works closely with Star in the development of the Company’s MEDEVAC (STAR-ISAMM™ and STAR-LSAMM™) applications of the patented STAR-A.D.S. ® technology, and on its current R&D program with Bombardier.
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil