On July 1st, television station WJZ of Baltimore, Maryland took delivery of a new Robinson R66 Newscopter. Owned and operated by CBS, WJZ services the 2.8 million residents in the Baltimore metropolitan area.
SKY Helicopters, a longtime Robinson dealer in Garland, Texas, leased the helicopter to WJZ and will provide on-going aviation and technical support. According to Ken Pyatt, President of Sky Helicopters, WJZ has been operating a Robinson R44 Newscopter since early 2019. Impressed with the R44’s performance and reliability, the station elected to move-up to the larger, more powerful R66 Newscopter.
The R66 was delivered with the latest ENG (Electric News Gathering) technology including an upgraded stabilized gimbal that houses an Ikegami HDL-F3000 Ultra Low-light camera equipped with Canon’s HJ 40x10B lens, three 2-way FM radios, and a microwave system with a high gain directional pod. Other options included a HeliSAS Autopilot.
Robinson’s R66 Newscopter is an economical, turn-key aerial platform capable of providing three hours of continuous live TV coverage.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information go to www.robinsonheli.com.
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment