The Air Ambulance Service (TAAS) is celebrating after proudly picking up a national title at this year’s Charity Retail Awards.
The rugby-based charity collected the Best Use of Innovation and Technology for its asset recovery and IT re-use initiative which takes old equipment, wipes it of all data, restores full functionality and sells it on in support of its lifesaving missions.
TAAS was also shortlisted in the top three for the Outstanding Charity Retailer of the Year and Ann Robinson was shortlisted in the Volunteer of the Year category for her work at the charity’s warehouse in Kegworth.
Commenting on the announcement, Emma Peake TAAS Deputy CEO, said: “We are hugely honoured to win this prestigious title and to be recognised by the Charity Retail Awards.
“Our teams are very committed and dedicated to our charity, and work tirelessly to achieve as much income for the charity as they can while recognising our responsibilities to the environment with our re-use schemes.
“Our shops are manned by hundreds of wonderful volunteers so this is a real testimony to their work they do for us alongside our professional store and re-use management teams.”
The winners received their awards at a ceremony at East Midlands Conference Centre, Beeston Lane, Nottingham as part of the Charity Retail Association Conference and Exhibition.
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand