The Air Ambulance Service (TAAS) is celebrating after proudly picking up a national title at this year’s Charity Retail Awards.
The rugby-based charity collected the Best Use of Innovation and Technology for its asset recovery and IT re-use initiative which takes old equipment, wipes it of all data, restores full functionality and sells it on in support of its lifesaving missions.
TAAS was also shortlisted in the top three for the Outstanding Charity Retailer of the Year and Ann Robinson was shortlisted in the Volunteer of the Year category for her work at the charity’s warehouse in Kegworth.
Commenting on the announcement, Emma Peake TAAS Deputy CEO, said: “We are hugely honoured to win this prestigious title and to be recognised by the Charity Retail Awards.
“Our teams are very committed and dedicated to our charity, and work tirelessly to achieve as much income for the charity as they can while recognising our responsibilities to the environment with our re-use schemes.
“Our shops are manned by hundreds of wonderful volunteers so this is a real testimony to their work they do for us alongside our professional store and re-use management teams.”
The winners received their awards at a ceremony at East Midlands Conference Centre, Beeston Lane, Nottingham as part of the Charity Retail Association Conference and Exhibition.
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil