In his Budget Statement last Autumn Phillip Hammond, Chancellor of the Exchequer, announced that the Government would be making £10 million available to support the funding of capital projects for the 18 air ambulance charities in England.
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) applied for £1.5 million, and following an announcement on Friday 28th June will receive the full amount.
EHAAT will use this one-off grant from the Government to help pay for the Charity’s planned new Airbase at North Weald. The total cost of the new Airbase will be in the region of £4 million.
In addition, it now costs in excess of £750,000 a month for EHAAT to remain operational and cover all charitable costs, so we will continue to depend on the generosity and goodwill of the people and businesses of Essex and Hertfordshire to keep us flying and saving lives.
Within his statement last year the Chancellor said: “Across the length and breadth of England, our air ambulance services work tirelessly 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to get those with life-threatening illnesses and injuries to the expert medical care they need. They do a fantastic job and today I am making £10 million of funding to help them go on doing so.”
A planning application for EHAAT’s new Airbase at North Weald was submitted to Epping Forest District Council last December and a decision is expected shortly.
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer of EHAAT said: “We are delighted to receive this contribution from Government. It will mean that some of the funds initially put aside for our new premises at North Weald can now be used to help develop and improve the life-saving service we provide for patients. We value the support of the communities we serve and are thankful for their continued support.”
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020